Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surfing on the east coast of america

Options
  • 03-08-2009 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭

hey guys

im in the states for the summer around the boston area and have some days off next week

im thinking about trying to get to the beach for 3/4 days and getting surf lessons each day

has anyone here surfed on the east coast around the new england area? anyone got any advice or recomendations?

i know its probably the wrong time of year for the area and its probably going to be small but i dont mind that really i jsut want to get in the water and have a break form work

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

Give it a go. I spent 25 years of my life surfing on the Right coast around Maryland/Delaware/Virginia/New Jersey. Summertime isn't the best time for waves (though friends back home have had a pretty decent summer this year) because the prevailing winds blow in a direction that doesn't make any swell for the East coast. You can get lucky though and hit it when the odd low pressure system heads offshore south of where you happen to be.
    Anyway, try it out because even a day farting around in ankle slappers beats a day spent in work!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

thanks man apartment and car rental booked only 4 days of work till monday :p

Advertisement