Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I.T Tallaght

Options
  • 03-08-2009 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

HI, i hope to be going back to college this year...can anyone tell me if i.t tallaght is a good college?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

FB5 wrote: »
    HI, i hope to be going back to college this year...can anyone tell me if i.t tallaght is a good college?

Define good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 FB5

well are the people nice....lecturers students....easy to make friends?! also...sports teams any good...is there any form of student support in the college also??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

The lecturers are, in most cases, excellent. Obviously you will have one or two that are rubbish but it won't be the majority.

It is very easy to make friends as there are quite a few "get to know you" style things in the first few weeks of first year.

You should definitely try to join a sports club or a soc and actually get involved with at least one of them. They are always great craic and in a lot of cases the social aspect (goin for pints etc.) is actually better than your class or the college in general. Also, it's nice to have some mates who aren't in your course just for a change of pace etc.

There is quite a lot of student support such as mentors in first year (lecturers take a few first years each and make sure they are getting on grand every few weeks) and they push all sorts of student services (check on the ITT website for a huge list of them). I wouldn't actually know how good most of them are because my course has very little use for them but by all accounts they are grand.

One of the bad things that people generally agree on about ITT is that the building itself is actually pretty crap. It looks more like a school than a college - colour coded stairs and all sorts of gas stuff. The canteen is ridiculously overpriced for a college.

The Student Union can be hit or miss. A lot of the times the people running the SU seem to be in for the free booze (as far as I can see) and the socials, rag week normally reflect how good the SU are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 FB5

Thanks a mill for that info, hopefully il enjoy it!!...

Ah yeah, overall it's a very good college.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

FB5 wrote: »
    well are the people nice....lecturers students....easy to make friends?! also...sports teams any good...is there any form of student support in the college also??

If you make an effort, it's easy to make friends, yeah. If you start college with a positive attitude and are nice to people, then you'll find you get on well.

You obviously start off getting to know people in your class and there are clubs and societies to get involved with as well, so you'll get to know tons of people.

Student support? There's a councillor, doctor, nurses, class reps, year heads and heads of departments that you can speak to. There's also the students' union who are meant to be of help. To be honest, they haven't quite managed to fulfill their job title as of yet, in my opinion. They seem to just be there for the laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 sheila2278

hey does anyone know how many places there are for the eu studies in tallaght it and whats the course like??any infor would be great thanks xxxxxxx

Recent minimum CAO points: 180

That means not many people are applying for it. You should be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 sheila2278

Teferi wrote: »
    Recent minimum CAO points: 180

That means not many people are applying for it. You should be grand.

thank you for the info!!!all i can do now is wait .....xxxxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 tayto2009

were is a good place to live if you go itt?

• Advertisement

Tallaght :pac:

Or any of the suburbs around it. Try daft.ie and have a look. You have Greenhills, Limekiln, Blessington would be areas around Tallaght, or try Tallaght itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Even places along the Luas line ; Rialto, Fatima etc.

Or places like Firhouse, Templelogue, Terenure, Rathfarnam ... that are serviced by bus routes to Tallaght.

Advertisement