Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile compressor

Options
  • 03-08-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I bought a compressair mobile compressor with a detuz? dieseal engine and I have a few questions.
    after how many hours is the engine serviced?
    were can I get parts?
    Is it easy?
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I'm only after taking one out of my front garden where it earned its keep running to jack hammers knocking mass concrete walls.

The normal engine in these is the oil cooled one and so it must be serviced fairly often, not sure of the exact hours but to be on the safe side keep it low. I will try and find out the hours for you.

A very important thing with these is to make sure all the covers are in place. I had one that got very smokey after a short while running, someone had taken the cover off the engine beside the oil cooler rad and it would over heat the oil and start burning it after a short while. One head gasket later and an old hand pointed out the missing cover :o

Always leave the taps open when finished, it will let the moisture out as it cools down.

I'll ask some questions and get back to you on any other bits I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

Depends what parts you want.If you want engine parts and its a deutz engine get a model number and ring a deutz dealer. Same with the pump get a make and model and ring around.

Advertisement