Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening Stuff - Saggart & Surrounding Areas

Options
  • 03-08-2009 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey,

I really hope you can help.

I'm off work for 6 weeks on stress leave for panic attacks. I'm getting treatment for the stress but have realised that I need to change my life. Previously I worked late, got home tired and didnt want to do anything in the evenings. This left me and my boyfriend a bit down in the dumps.

From now on what I would like to do is to have things organised in the evenings, maybe classes of some sort which I'd/we'd find interesting. I also would love some cool ideas for things to do at the weekends. I dont really have any hobbies so need to find some.

Anyone any ideas of cool things to do around Saggart or surrounding areas be it classes or anything else?

Your help is much appreciated,

mwaters.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Perhaps an art class, like pottery? Or a class on how to fix things around the house?

http://www.nightcourses.com/
    http://taw.csc.tcdlife.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 comefly

hey mwaters,
    very familiar with the area and I know there is a cool adults running club in Blessington which caters for absolute beginners right up to advanced. The socoal aspect in the club is great and this would provide a great outlet. I know the club regularly travels on weekends to various events.
    Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 mwaters

Thanks a mill for both your help.

Comefly, running club sounds nice alright. Are there any other clubs/places that do yoga/other classes which you would know of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 comefly

hi mwaters,

I know there are a host of classes and activities in the area and most of them are listed here.
    www.blessington.info/directory.htm

There was a new hill walking club starting soon, in fact they are meeting this weekend for the first time, the link above will have details or contact number for people in the area who organise these activities, personally I think some form of sport is the best tonic for relaxation/stress.
    good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 mwaters

Thanks Comefly:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement