Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing building supplies from China

Options
  • 03-08-2009 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

hi, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
    My sister is building a house and has been looking into getting roof slates and tiles from China. One website she is considering is www.chinamarble.com
    Has any Boardies has any experience getting building material from China? if so would you recommend it.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

inode wrote: »
    hi, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
    My sister is building a house and has been looking into getting roof slates and tiles from China. One website she is considering is www.chinamarble.com
    Has any Boardies has any experience getting building material from China? if so would you recommend it.
    Thanks

Didn't they buy slate from China on one of the Grand Designs episodes on Channel4? I think you can buy dvd's and magazines with all the info on it from Channel4.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property.

Will the cost of shipping a small amount wipe out any savings you might make?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

This came up here before { do a search of this forum]

the consensus was NOT to get the roof-tiles from China AFAICR due to quality issues, large number of breakages both in transit and on site.

You cant just drop by and get 6 more:)

On wall/floor tiles: still serious value to be had here/NI/Spain on tiles

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

Interesting thread.

Was just looking at this website http://tlimpex.com/rockwool.html

Anyone ever considered getting a 40ft container of building materials (eg rockwool, PS sheeting, nails, slating battens, etc) from china?

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Hi
    I import from China and you just need to be carefull with the port and shipping fees.
    It might Look Cheap but when you pay all the fees and taxes the price adds up.
    It really only pays if you order 40ft container, dont be fooled by the CIF and other offers,
    If you must , use a shipping agent to organise everything for you as you will need a shipping agent anyway to get through customs.

CC

• Advertisement
Advertisement