Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driver license up today

Options
  • 03-08-2009 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

hi all

as its says, my 10 yr is up today, ooops

will i have hassle trying to renew it tommorrow?
    any penalties or retests?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Renewal is entirely straight forward, no retests, nothing. Old licence, passport photos, cash and the form are all you need.

Unless you're in certain areas (Cork might be one still) you don't get the new licence there and then, it takes a few days to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

cheers

i though i might have been penalised in some way
    for letting it run out (even though its just one day)

rgds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

You have 10 years to renew without any issues.

MYOB wrote: »
    Unless you're in certain areas (Cork might be one still) you don't get the new licence there and then, it takes a few days to arrive.
    different country and all that ;)

Advertisement