Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Town Sealed Off After Pneumonic Plague Outbreak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

This should be moved to the Zombie Survival forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I thought it was something to do with a mass out-break of tyre stealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Time to start stocking up on the Lemsip, max strength I think.

god damnit. a new type of hiv and this in the space of a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I bet Keanu Reeves is ****ting bricks about now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The Vaccine will kill you in 12 hours. :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's cureable so long as you get fast treatment (within 24hrs), so I don't think it will be a huge issue tbh.

The Vaccine will kill you in 12 hours. :eek:

Strange how the world is in recession with a lot of unemployment, and the odd lethal disease or two pops out of the woodwork.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Daith

World War Z!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Boss: But you were out with Pneumonic plague last week!
    Me: That was Swine flu.
    Boss: Well what about the week before?
    Me: Super-Aids. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its about time something thinned out the chinese.

/well someone had to say it. Frankly inevitable when you think about it in terms of nature and overpopulation.

Overheal wrote: »
    Its about time something thinned out the chinese.

/well someone had to say it. Frankly inevitable when you think about it in terms of nature and overpopulation.

i thought setting up take aways around the world was their way of thinning the population?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Strange how the world is in recession with a lot of unemployment, and the odd lethal disease or two pops out of the woodwork.:eek:

A bit cynical there, but fair enough it's an ill wind and all that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

god damnit. a new type of hiv and this in the space of a few days.

LOL ...and don't forget that asteroid heading for us! That's if we survive 2012 and the arrival of the mysterious dark planet "X".

We're doomed I tell ya... doomed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

i thought setting up take aways around the world was their way of thinning the population?
    No. i know someone who eats take aways all the time and they're fat as fúck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

large sections of the population have been reported going around repeating
    ''richard of york gained battles in vain'' in the latest outbreak of the mnemonic
    plague.

wudangclan wrote: »
    large sections of the population have been reported going around repeating
    ''richard of york gained battles in vain'' in the latest outbreak of the mnemonic
    plague.

Seeing rainbows too? Now thats weird! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Remember when we used to moan about petrol prices? Now we get craic out of the end of humanity. Its all that Shell-to-Sea crowd's fault :(

Biggins wrote: »
    LOL ...and don't forget that asteroid heading for us! That's if we survive 2012 and the arrival of the mysterious dark planet "X".

We're doomed I tell ya... doomed!
    it is rather fitting that the world is descending into crap just for 2012.. at least give a few believers something to fret about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I wish it'd hurry up

it's the waiting I can't stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Can't help thinking of the stand when I saw this. Towns being quarantined etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

How'd they seal it off? I'm imagining a giant glass dome a la The Simpsons Movie. Now that'd be something to see.

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Can't help thinking of the stand when I saw this. Towns being quarantined etc..
    Maybe they are re-enacting the film "Outbreak" (Dustin Hoffman, Morgan Freeman).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

The handy thing about diseases that kill that fast is that they are bloody hard to spread. Its the ones that dont show up for weeks but still kill you are the ones you have to worry about.
    I dont know why people think the fast ones are the worst ones.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Jumpy wrote: »
    The handy thing about diseases that kill that fast is that they are bloody hard to spread. Its the ones that dont show up for weeks but still kill you are the ones you have to worry about.
    I dont know why people think the fast ones are the worst ones.

Considering the fact that it is 'Highly Contagious', I'm led to believe this can indeed spread fast easily.

Biggins wrote: »
    Maybe they are re-enacting the film "Outbreak" (Dustin Hoffman, Morgan Freeman).

It would be badly dubbed and called Outbleak 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Considering the fact that it is 'Highly Contagious', I'm led to believe this can indeed spread fast easily.

Yes but it kills too fast to go worldwide. All they have to do is seal off an area. If this killed you in 7 days for instance then they would be very hard pressed to stop it as they would be unable to contain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,205 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jumpy wrote: »
    Yes but it kills too fast to go worldwide. All they have to do is seal off an area. If this killed you in 7 days for instance then they would be very hard pressed to stop it as they would be unable to contain it.

During the Black Death, one of the forms was pneumonic(amongst two others). That spread far and fast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

So anyone here read World War Z?

China was where the outbreak took place,and was then covered up:eek:
    CONSPIRACY:pac:

Advertisement