Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

08 Passat, stupid question

Options
  • 03-08-2009 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

I got a 08 Passat a few weeks ago and I'm trying to get some floor mats for it.
    So these are custom fit due to floor design/pedal layout of the passat.
    I have been on ebay and VW site and the only ones seem to have holes where you attach the mat to the floor.
    No problem so far.
    However there are two types, oval or round.
    My problem is, I dont have any 'lugs' to attach the mats to.

My question is: Are these 'lugs' hard to find, or is it possible my car just doesnt have them?
    Should I be looking for different mats?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The lugs generally come with the factory mats when the car is new, they screw into the carpets. I'd ring a dealer just to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Drop into a breaker's yard mate. They'll sell you the mats and lugs for peanuts

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ive never seen a VW or Audi without the built in lugs on the floor. I always thought they came from the factory as part of the carpet. You sure you dont have them? two studs on the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

mickdw wrote: »
    Ive never seen a VW or Audi without the built in lugs on the floor. I always thought they came from the factory as part of the carpet. You sure you dont have them? two studs on the floor.

Yes very sure.
    Pictures of different mats seem to suggest the lugs should be easy to see, i.e. not hidden under the seat.
    I'll give one the dealers a call, maybe its covered under warranty:D

The lack of lugs doesnt particularly bother me, its just I didn't want to get a set of mats posted over to me, to then realise I had ordered the wrong ones.

Thanks for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

waraf wrote: »
    Drop into a breaker's yard mate. They'll sell you the mats and lugs for peanuts

That's some high quality breakers you use where is it ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement