Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC fees?

Options
  • 03-08-2009 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

I've decided to apply for a PLC just in case of worst case scenario, but no where on there website does it mention how much registration is, just wondering if anyone has a clue how much they are?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Contact the college running the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've decided to apply for a PLC just in case of worst case scenario, but no where on there website does it mention how much registration is, just wondering if anyone has a clue how much they are?

I'm not sure about PLC courses but I am assuming it'd be the same as how colleges operate in regards to fees.

If you accept your college place then the college in question will send you out detailed letters and a bank giro explaining how much the fee will be and when you should have it paid by and they will give details of when registration will take place.

When you have paid the giro bring it to the college on the registration day and there you go. College fees done.

I'm not sure about PLC's though but I'm assuming they'd carry out the same routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Thanks, I know about the college thing and how much they are, but it's different for PLC's. I know you have to pay a certain amount at the start of the year, and a fee at the end to recieve your official results and for them to be sent to the colleges you have applied for.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I can only speak for the PLC centre I work in but there are no fees for the course itself. We operate a book rental scheme and students pay a fee for that and for their stationery and other stuff they get at the start of the year. They pay fees for their exams ( I think it's €32) but exams are free for those with a medical card.

I can't comment on other centres though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

For the PLCs run in our school, there is only a €35 charge. There may be a higher fee for stand-alone PLC colleges, however.

• Advertisement
Advertisement