Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding affiliate links to own data

Options
  • 03-08-2009 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

I hope this is the right place to ask this and would really appreciate some advice. Basically I'm setting up a guide to live music events and I want to be able to add affiliate links (eg Ticketmaster) to as many of the listings in my database as possible. But I don't want the music listings, from an info point of view, to be sourced from Ticketmaster.

As an example, if I take an event listing from Ticketmaster, I get only limited info about the event. But if I take it from elsewhere, I can provide more info about that event. I want to be able to display the full information, but also to link this listing with a ticket affiliate link where available.

Is this possible? Thanks again for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Cianos,
    if you write the the music event listings yourself then you could just add a Buy Now or Click Here to Buy type link with the affiliate code. Would that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

D.W wrote: »
    Cianos,
    if you write the the music event listings yourself then you could just add a Buy Now or Click Here to Buy type link with the affiliate code. Would that work?

The listings themselves will be automated...events won't be added to the directory manually, so I'm hoping there's a way to associate the correct affiliate link with the correct event.

Advertisement