Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin-Belfast Bus Eireann service

Options
  • 03-08-2009 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

Anyone else find it surprising about the lack of information about this route on the Bus Eireann website? Or am I not looking in the right places?

I believe this is a 24 hour service and want to get the general cost and departure times, any pointers to such info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,492 ✭✭✭✭L1011

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1209133022-Table-1.pdf

Been a VERY long time since I took it, but I think it was £14 back then? It was also bi-hourly late at night rather than the hourly all night it is now. Services marked 200 on the timetable are Ulsterbus operated and are likely to be chartered out to Chambers rather than a UB bus. Glengall Street is the street the Europa Bus Centre is on, the difference in the timetable is just letting you know you've to board off the street not the bus station.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

http://www.buseireann.ie/bubble.php?id=79

Click on "4. List of fares from Dublin" and it will bring you down to a fares list from Dublin.

For some reason BE do not sell tickets for the Belfast run online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Aircoach also do Dublin Belfast. Judging by the number or passengers on board ones I've seen lately they need your support, but if want to buy Irish go Bus Eireann

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

trad wrote: »
    Aircoach also do Dublin Belfast. Judging by the number or passengers on board ones I've seen lately they need your support, but if want to buy Irish go Bus Eireann

Aircoach do Dublin AIRPORT to Belfast - you have to change at the Airport to get to/from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭J_Dublin15

It's kind of strange, because some services are almost empty, whilst others are packed, I just missed the 12pm one a few weeks ago, which I would say had about 30 people on it, and got the 1pm which was pretty packed.

I came back the next day and there was only five of us on it. So I guess it depends on the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,492 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd suspect popular flight times have a major impact on the loading of the Aircoach services.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I like Aircoach but if I'm returning to Dublin late at night Bus Eireann is the only option. Plus a direct link to the city centre is favoured.

Odd that they don't sell tickets online for this route, ey?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

I like Aircoach but if I'm returning to Dublin late at night Bus Eireann is the only option. Plus a direct link to the city centre is favoured.

Odd that they don't sell tickets online for this route, ey?

They are not available to/from any place in NI, this is because Ulsterbus ticket machines are not able to process the internet tickets.

Advertisement