Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is IKEA busy so far this weekend?

Options
  • 02-08-2009 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Anybody know if IKEA is very busy so far this weekend. Hiking up from Longford with a baby tomorrow and just checking if its manageable. Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,012 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Mad busy in there all week, saturday particularly so.
    It'll be manic for another month or two I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

thanks, I might chance it. I'm feeling brave. pity the weather is so bad might have kept it a bit less busy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

If you're coming from Longford consider going to Belfast. DEf be quieter as it's not a bank holiday up there. And if you're looking for something in particular check the stock availability online. Stocks get depleted over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Takes us about twice as long to get there unfortunately. But thanks for the suggestion!;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

Was there Friday - very busy but not mobbed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

spoke to two people who went in there later in the day (after 6pm) during the week this week (one on opening day) and they said it was fairly busy but still grand, i.e. not totally mental.

can't vouch for weekends though, esp. a BH, could well be mental the whole time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭markpb

I was there just after lunchtime on Saturday and it was pretty busy. Traffic from the Ballymun road was pretty bad, the showroom was jammed and the warehouse was only slighly better. Not for the clostophobic but it wasn't awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Apparently the shop was closed for a while today, and the police were diverting traffic away from the place from the M50 because the car park was full.

Also, there was an evacuation one day last week due to a "electrical fault" in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Des wrote: »
    Also, there was an evacuation one day last week due to a "electrical fault" in the shop.
    I heard it was due to a child that pushed the emergency button. Whatever. It actually was on Wednesday and this is one of the pics I took - when staff was going back at work - before we were allowed to go back into the shop. I first thought it was just an emergency drill and kinda liked the idea. And found it quite well organised.
    3770534092_99ccf48cd5.jpg

Advertisement