Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple website help

Options
  • 02-08-2009 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I need to set up a very simple website for my husband's business offering a service. Are there any quick and easy options out there for me? I have very little experience of web design so a template would be great. I did something similar for a photography website where I used Clikpic.com. Something like that would be great if anyone could point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Try www.oswd.org for some decent templates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

I'd try Joomla (or another CMS package) and a free template (http://www.joomla24.com/)

Plenty of templates here, you can search by the nature of your husbands business and see what you think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭AdeleS

Thanks so much for your replies! To be honest, I'm looking for something even simpler than that... I am looking at website builders who will host the site aswell. Has anyone used Homestead.com? Appreciate your comments.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Ah right, a site builder type thing. That site looks fine for what it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

AdeleS wrote: »
    Thanks so much for your replies! To be honest, I'm looking for something even simpler than that... I am looking at website builders who will host the site aswell. Has anyone used Homestead.com? Appreciate your comments.

Hi,

I have used Moonfruit.com quite a bit and find them really easy. They are perfect for a business card type website.

In my sig you'll see a site I threw together in a few hours. I'd say if you spent a week or two on a site there you could make a lovely little professional site.

You can use any domain name also if you wish - even .ie domains.

Nic

• Advertisement
Advertisement