Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANIMAL GHOSTS

Options
  • 02-08-2009 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Has any one experienced pets or animal ghosts?

For the first time recently I felt the ghost of a small dog in a relatives house.

I opened the front door on my way out and the presence of the little dog passed in, by me, from the front garden and I got a glimpse of him.

I didn't say it to my relative, ill see if it happens again.

Why on earth would I have seen / experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

My wifes cat used to pop up on the end of our bed. Apart from that I've seen a few ghosts of dogs .... would love to see a ghost cow!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

There's a woman in Lucan who saw cows walking through the living room of her new house. When researched she found out the house was built on an old milking parlour!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

6th wrote: »
    .... would love to see a ghost cow!

MooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭patrickthomas

Ghost Girl wrote: »
    Has any one experienced pets or animal ghosts?

For the first time recently I felt the ghost of a small dog in a relatives house.

I opened the front door on my way out and the presence of the little dog passed in, by me, from the front garden and I got a glimpse of him.

I didn't say it to my relative, ill see if it happens again.

Why on earth would I have seen / experienced this?

Are you serious? Animal ghosts, what about insect ghosts? Have you slipped into a parallel universe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Boolana

Yeah I recently moved out of a very old house and there was a cat there.

• Advertisement

Are you serious? Animal ghosts, what about insect ghosts? Have you slipped into a parallel universe?

Maybe I'm just a ghost, booooooo! Maybe I'm an animal aswell, baaaah.
    Maybe the spider I dusted out of the front door today was a ghost!! Maybe he wasn't for real at all....

What do you think? I'd hardly put up the post if i wasn't serious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I ve read a lot of stories where people say they have encountered pets that have passed.
    One nice story was of a owner who heard his dog barking in the back garden.
    When he got there his child was in trouble in the swimming pool.The dog was dead for months.

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    I ve read a lot of stories where people say they have encountered pets that have passed.
    When he got there his child was in trouble in the swimming pool.The dog was dead for months.

nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

bigeasyeah wrote: »

Gave me shivers/goosebumps for some reason!freaky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

For some reason the concept of ghost animals doesn't scare me half as much as ghost people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Holopimp

I agree with the possibility that the spirits of animals may linger on.

My childhood pet was a cat called Sooty. She lived a until a fair age, dying when I was around 15 years old. When she was alive she had a preference for sitting on the back of the sofa near my head. After she passed away I often got a sense that she was sitting in her regular position on the back of the chair. And then I remembered that she was in fact dead! It wasn't an unpleasant feeling though. It was quite a peaceful and comforting feeling to have her there.

My other childhood pet was a cat called Dingle. He was half persian and half regular moggy. He had a dish face and extra long claws, which used to pick along the carpet as he walked. When Dingle was alive he could be heard picking his way up the stairs and he would often yowl outside my parent's room or sometimes my room. After Dingle passed away, he could often be heard doing this same routine. I certainly heard him picking his way up the stairs with his long claws many times in the dead of night, and both my mother and father heard the same, plus on one occassion his yowl. Even my father who is a total skeptic remarked that it often seemed like Dingle and Sooty were still with us.

Our family have moved away from there now, but I still wonder if Dingle and Sooty are keeping a new family company in the house they loved so much while alive.

That's beautiful. We've had lots of pets through my childhood, and ive never experienced their ghost or spirit afterwards, it seems to be other pets that have made their presence known to me. I heard a vicious growling in my bedroom one night but couldnt see the animal (presume a dog) and then the little dog for a few seconds at relatives house. Considereing the many little things i have experienced over the years, pets is only a new thing.....maybe im just really loosing my marbles now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Trail_Blazer

I used to have a cat called CJ. She was a beautiful black long haired feline, who had an attitude.

She died back in 2002, when I moved into my apartment 5 yrs ago, as recently as 3 or 4 yrs ago, I could feel her standing/sitting on my bed. I have 2 kitties, but there's no way it could've been either one of them, since my door was shut and both were in the other room.

At first I was surprised - But then felt comforted by it after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Holopimp

It seems that lots of people have had experiences with the spirits of cats and dogs. Why do you think that is? I know cats appear mystical in many cultures. But why no hamster haunting, for example?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Holopimp wrote: »
    It seems that lots of people have had experiences with the spirits of cats and dogs. Why do you think that is? I know cats appear mystical in many cultures. But why no hamster haunting, for example?

Or goldfish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭patrickthomas

Ghost Girl wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just a ghost, booooooo! Maybe I'm an animal aswell, baaaah.
    Maybe the spider I dusted out of the front door today was a ghost!! Maybe he wasn't for real at all....

What do you think? I'd hardly put up the post if i wasn't serious!

I just have real difficulty coming to terms with people actually believing things like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

i've seen lots of elephant ghosts. pink ones strangly?

I just have real difficulty coming to terms with people actually believing things like this.

Well some thing happens, or else ive lived my life so far with some undiagnosed condition. I'm not resigning to the latter just yet. And why are you reading these threads if you feel like that?

Any way back to the original question - it seems i'm not the only one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Would it be possible that the level of interaction that these animals have with humans affects the degree to which they return? Dogs and cats are often nearly members of the family, the cows in an earlier example would have had daily contact with their owners on an individual level? Whereas hamsters, snakes, and goldfish are just there really with very little one on one interaction if that makes any sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

For some reason the concept of ghost animals doesn't scare me half as much as ghost people!

In fairness, you shouldn't feel scared of the concept (or reality) of either. I know it's all fine to talk but... feck it like. They're dead, you're not. Woo hoooo :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

A fella I know was telling me recently that he was around at his friend's house years ago, shortly after her (the friend's) cat had died. This woman really loved her cat. When himself and the friend were in the kitchen having a cup of tea on the day he had called over, they both suddenly heard the cat's basket creaking over in the corner. He said the sound was unmistakeably that of what would sound like a cat climbing into the basket, and that they could see sort of indentations being made on the cushion inside the basket. Like pressure was being put on it by something. And, no, there wasn't a live cat or another animal in the kitchen at the time. Funny thing was, his friend said almost straightaway that she knew it was her cat from beyond the grave, or whatever. She was very comforted by the fact that he was still around the house

Advertisement