Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

...and you think your unlucky?

Options
  • 02-08-2009 7:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

When things are really bad and you feel unlucky, count your belssings your not any of the following and smile. :pac:

Jason and Jenny Cairns-Lawrence

jkk0m0.jpg

The English pair decided to go on holiday. Where to? New York.
    Yep, just in time for the Trade Center bombing as they were visiting.

Four years later, on July 7th, 2005, they happened to be in London on a break - what do you know! The worst terror attack in the city's history.
    (A series of bombs exploded across the city's transit system, killing 52 people.)

So next time around, they decided to try and avoid the big main targets for terrorists. O' right, lets go elsewhere then.
    Where did they chose??? :rolleyes:
    This time they went to the exotic Indian city of Mumbai - and just in time too for they got there at their hotel to see the worst terror attack in that country's history, as shooting and bombing attacks killed and wounded hundreds!

I suspect they are staying at home next time! :pac:

Tsutomu Yamaguchi

ndlkxz.jpg

Only two cities have ever been destroyed by atomic bombs. This man was in both of them.
    Born in 1916, Tsutomu Yamaguchi was on a business trip to Hiroshima on August 6th, 1945. As he stepped off a tram an atomic bomb blew up less than two miles away, fcuking schite up in an extraordinary way. Eardrums destroyed and temporarily blind, Yamaguchi scrambled to figure out just what the hell happened.

After spending a night in an air raid shelter, Yamaguchi decided Hiroshima probably wasn't the safest place to conduct business, so he went home
    ...To Nagasaki.

A few days later, Yamaguchi was in the office of his supervisor, regaling him with the story of his near-miss with this mythical city-vaporizing super bomb. And just as he was trying to explain to his boss that it's impossible to sell cars in a city that's literally on fire, there was the distinct sound that few men on earth but Yamaguchi would have recognized: that of another atomic bomb, again detonating just two miles away!

Not only did Yamaguchi survive (while somehow not gaining any superpowers from the ordeal) but he's still alive today, at the age of 93. Yamaguchi currently uses this tragedy to enlighten people on the dangers of atomic bombs. He has written books on his experience and is an anti-nuclear protester - there's a surprise! LOL

Source: http://www.cracked.com/article_17416_7-most-bizarrely-unlucky-people-who-ever-lived.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

At last, proper suspects.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Personally i think they changed their names from bin laden, either that or osama himself has gotten people doing his dirty work :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Yeh but have they ever stood full force on the prongs of a plug lying face up on the floor?

Now THATS bad luck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

galwayrush wrote: »
    At last, proper suspects. ;)

LOL true! I bet their asses where checked out a few times by the over paranoid American agencies. LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Well none of them are that unlucky themselves, considering they're all still alive.
    They just bring bad luck to other people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Biggins wrote: »
    Only two cities have ever been destroyed by atomic bombs. This man was in both of them.

Great line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

timmywex wrote: »
    Personally i think they changed their names from bin laden, either that or osama himself has gotten people doing his dirty work :cool:

Bin Laden was responsible for the H-bombs? Such a lot of anger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

And just as he was trying to explain to his boss that it's impossible to sell cars in a city that's literally on fire...

lol.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Unbelievable a man could be unlucky enough to get caught in the only two hostile nuclear attacks in history!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

No superpowers? The dude is 93, and he still has his hair, after being nuked TWICE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Yamaguchi currently uses this tragedy to enlighten people on the dangers of atomic bombs.

Jesus he's not putting much work into his retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I hope they never come to Dublin :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Nah, I don't think I'm unlucky.

Sucks to be them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr_H_Lecter

After spending a night in an air raid shelter, Yamaguchi decided Hiroshima probably wasn't the safest place to conduct business, so he went home
    ...To Nagasaki.

sorry ...... but lmfao

so wrong but so right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Overheal wrote: »
    No superpowers? The dude is 93, and he still has his hair, after being nuked TWICE.

you sir are seriously making me reconsider my signature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

They were just unbreakable

Advertisement