Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a little help identifying a lamp type

Options
  • 02-08-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

I found a lamp I got as a wedding present hidden in a wardrobe when clearing out a room. I can't identify what kind of light bulb it needs though. Bayonet or screw ins won't fit it. Can anyone help?
    The photo is a little fuzzy but the end looks like a cross between a screw in and a bayonet. The screws are divided down the middle so don't form a constant screw and have two bayonet style fittings at the bottom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

it looks like e14 (ses)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

it looks like a screw in holder to me.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

An E14 is a screw in lamp:
    3342.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 yjmlighting

I found a lamp I got as a wedding present hidden in a wardrobe when clearing out a room. I can't identify what kind of light bulb it needs though. Bayonet or screw ins won't fit it. Can anyone help?
    The photo is a little fuzzy but the end looks like a cross between a screw in and a bayonet. The screws are divided down the middle so don't form a constant screw and have two bayonet style fittings at the bottom.

there seems without luminaire

take a look at this one

davelerave wrote: »
    it looks like e14 (ses)

check the E14 base type

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭witless_steve

I've never seen a base like it. Is this a rare type or just a little more uncommon?

Will see if I can remove the glass lamp shade and bring the base with me when bulb shopping.

it's more likely ceiling lights

Advertisement