Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Link Building

Options
  • 02-08-2009 8:09am

I assume websites with thousands of inbound links are not just from the webmaster manually emailing people asking to trade links etc.

What I want to know is which companies are good at generating high quality links (i.e. NOT mass submission links from poor quality sites) and how much does this service cost ?

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LoveFurniture

Hi, just noticed your post, I made a post asking for someone to do some backlinking and bloging for me 2 days ago. And would be really interested to know did you ever get to the bottom of your question here?
    Eunan.
    Dublin Furniture

Unfortunately not, I'm still searching.

A lot of what I've seen seems to suggest it's a manual, painstaking, boring process that "someone" has to do regardless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Unfortunately not, I'm still searching.

A lot of what I've seen seems to suggest it's a manual, painstaking, boring process that "someone" has to do regardless
    No easy system or solution I'm afraid.... However "quality" over "quantity" needs to be the objective. Avoid companies or systems that promise tonnes of links. Waste of time money and worse could get your site penalised. Link building is a pain in the arse BUT is a core fundamental of assisting a site rank IF done properly in conjunction with other on site aspects. There is no quick fix soloution to proper link building no matter what way you try and automate/outsource/cut corners with it.

Yeah seems to be it, so is outsourcing link building not something to be done ? I wonder where I'll get all the time to do that !!!

How do some sites have thousands and thousands of links in a few years???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Because their sites are ones other sites are happy to "recommend"-link to OR they do the grunt work and get the links themselves. IF your website (the one I think may be pending) is a global venture then get contacts on your travels that will give you a decent link when you get your venture running. Best links you will ever get are via direct contact and follow through.If I am mistaking on the "pending website" my apologies but me thinks not. Simple answer- in 99.9% of cases nobody can do a job better than you/the owner can.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that DW.

I'll remember that advice.

On a side note, I think Skiing is going to be my "business" sport in the future instead of golf (don't have the patience for Golf anyway). I've met some incredibly successful people skiing over here and got a few addresses too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 StuartC

Agree with DW 100%. Pain in the arse but you can secure more quality links better than anybody else. have a look into Roboform which is an automatic form filler. great for web directories anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

Google is also actively building better systems to reduce sites from ranking simply because of links. It recently filed very complicated patents for detecting link circles and reciprocated links etc. Which makes sense.

The propensity for people out there to build sites and rubbish links in the name of a quick, easy dollar is huge - there are literally 100's of thousands of people doing this on a daily basis.

It sounds harsh and complicated for your average, decent, honest web entrepreneur and it does take time (years maybe) to learn. I still invest hours and hours doing it - on behalf of other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 RedMaxP

hello link8r,

Does this mean that you do not recommend using services that generate links for you from the likes of directory submissions etc. I know that you are saying the ones you get from direct contact are the most valuable but does that mean that those through a service provider are valueless?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

My own experience on this is painfully one by one contacting sites/groups and looking for links. Also checking were my competitors have links and going after those.
    I've found myself emailing reminders a lot, but they always come through in the end. Definitely quality over quantity.

• Advertisement

My god I think I've found my greatest weakness in running a business - Link Building is going to soul destroy me. It's just so boring. I'll have to get a template up and running for emailing sites/groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 RedMaxP

I came across this product a while back that has some handy tools one of which is a e-mail generator http://www.seoelite.com/, not a recommendation just something you may find useful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Derek B

link8r wrote: »
    It recently filed very complicated patents for detecting link circles and reciprocated links etc.

Out of interest, do you know if I'd be able to find more info on this online anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

RedMaxP wrote: »
    I came across this product a while back that has some handy tools one of which is a e-mail generator http://www.seoelite.com/, not a recommendation just something you may find useful

That software looks good and also ligitimate. link

It can do a lot of things that I'm currently manually doing, so will def give it go. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mcdermott1

SEO Elite is a pile of ****e.

Outdated software made in like 2004...

You wont get a single link. Save your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

True......its mostly manual work

Advertisement