Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there many young guys an girls that dont drink

Options
  • 02-08-2009 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

hey guys i am 18 and i dont drink dont see the point in getting wasted pure waste of money lol u can still have the craic with out getting completealy out ur mind

how do ye see this

bk1991

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

i dnt drink either couldnt be bothered, doesnt even seem nice, when im 30 i'll be in great shape and all the rest will be so ugly with fat beer belly

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

i dnt drink either couldnt be bothered, doesnt even seem nice, when im 30 i'll be in great shape and all the rest will be so ugly with fat beer belly

what age u
    u ever dirnk
    what is peopls reaction to u not drinking ?

bk1991

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 IrishPegasus

Hey guys.

Long time reader, but first-time poster!

I'm 23 y.o. guy who doesn't drink. I dont know that many like me- only a couple of female friends. Doesnt bother me though- more money, less headaches/hangovers, being able to remember the next day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 myusernameis

yeah i dont drink either, well like i tried like having a taste but never officially tipsy or drunk. im 19 and female. Know a good few in uni that dont drink and at work there is about 4 of us that dont drink, one guy and 3 girls and they're like 19-22 i think not drinking is getting more common for younger people these days.
    Although i get more pressure to drink from my family than from my friends!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Martinog

bk1991 wrote: »
    hey guys i am 18 and i dont drink dont see the point in getting wasted pure waste of money lol u can still have the craic with out getting completealy out ur mind

how do ye see this

bk1991

A lot of research has been done to find and explore the reason why people drink alcohol. From research conducted in the Netherlands among 15 to 25 year-olds, the following answers came up:
    Sociability (71%)
    Like the taste (51%)
    Feel at ease (12%)
    Get intoxicated (6%)
    Get drunk (2%)
    Because everybody does it (6%)
    To forget problems (0%)

I drink about once a month, Beer Bellys are cool
    Get Beer Bellys 100%
    I don't have one obviously, drinking 1 or less everymonth isn't going to give you one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Skapoot

Part of a beer belly is swollen liver. ew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Silicate

Long time reader here too, Glad i finally registered! Dont Drink, never even tasted it , never felt the need, saw the point, had the time, or had any interest.......dont get me wrong, I aint an anti drink type person, just find it messy, and a waste of money. I do smoke cigs and have plenty other cool things in my life to make up for it though...Cant really talk to drunk people either, like wheres the point if there not going to remember. Actually drunk people annoy the **** out of me come to think of it, and its me thats the prick then because I dont drink, its weird, but Im willing to put up with it, after all, Ive done it for 28years and wouldent change a thing.;)
    I feel like were kind of looked on as weird, which is weird, just because I like to stay sober makes it as if theres something wrong with me, strange.
    You pull up in a nice car and your called a prick too....while at the same time the bar owner has the same car as you and they wonder how he can afford it and they cant....
    Glad I saw this section, Now I can share stuff with people in the same boat as me, thats nice, even typing the above makes me feel less annoyed.:cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

24 years old and I used to drink. I simply got tired of drinking and smoking and all the grief that goes with it, like people going to excess and wrecking a good night out or the potential health problems that goes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

i don't drink either! i'm in 6th year and theres so much pressure to drink from other people! thankfully im not one to follow the crowd. i just don't see the point really-whats so fun about losing control and not remembering anything the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭superLeetive

yeah i dont drink either, well like i tried like having a taste but never officially tipsy or drunk. im 19 and female. Know a good few in uni that dont drink and at work there is about 4 of us that dont drink, one guy and 3 girls and they're like 19-22 i think not drinking is getting more common for younger people these days.
    Although i get more pressure to drink from my family than from my friends!!

I'm 19 and female too.. don't drink but have taken a sip of friends' drinks when out.. not mad into the taste of most alcoholic drinks to be honest.

One of my friends from school gave up drinking over the last year after a few bad experiences while drunk but other than that don't really know many people my age that don't drink.. have heard of a good few friends of friends that don't drink either though so think it seems to be more common among young people these days.

Weirdly enough I get more pressure from my mam to drink than from my friends!! It's like she looks down on me cos I don't drink!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Hey guys, just a general note to young people who don't drink. I am 29 now and have never drank. It is a decision I will never regret and I don't think that any of you will either. My life has been great so far and all with out a drop of drink. I have just got on with life and stick to doing things I like such as travel. I lived in Oz for a year, lived in Costa Rica and have been living here in Ecuador for a year and am staying here for at least another year (at least until somebody fixes the irish economy and jobs aren't so scarce). I have to say that abroad, the cultural stereo type about the irish being heavy drinkers is alive and well. Everybody without fail has been surprised when they found out I was Irish and didn't drink.

Advertisement