Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reaper and The Big Bang Theory?

Options
  • 02-08-2009 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

What does folks think of these shows

I enjoy Reaper more and I feel there is a bit more depth to the characters. TBBT has great potential and chemistry between two specific characters.

Are these two still on the go or have they been axed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Theyre both fairly different shows but i enjoy them both. Unfortuantely Reaper has been axed as the CW apparently have axed all comedy shows from their schedule. Big Bang on the other hand has another series on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Love them both.

Would rather the Sock show than reaper though, brilliant character.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

i LOVE tbbt!!!! totally adore Sheldon!

have never seen reaper tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Mesenger1

TBBT - without Sheldon the show is dead on its feet - the other characters are there (IMHO of course) to showcase Sheldon to his best possible showing of supreme OCD'ness and enable him to exhibit his complete righteous to such a comic degree that without him the show just would not exist.

As for Reaper - absolute brilliant concept but appalling delivery. If delivered right, it easily could have taken on Angel/Buffy as a cult comic series that could have run for at least 3 - 5+ years while building up an underground following - it was too bright, breezy, unbelieveable too colourful Sesame Street characters that is meant to be dipicting the DEVIL har har har, Sock was great, definitely had a place but SAM!! Again IMO so feel free to disagree..............................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I hate Reaper. It is just terribly acted and not really of any comic value. I wouldn't consider it a Comedy. The fat guy is a poor man's Jack Black

TBBT is great however. It is funny, has a point to it and the characters are all different despite most of them being geeks (except for penny :D). Sheldon is a great character and is the best character too. You do have to be a geek to get a lot of the jokes though but it is rewarding when you get the references.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

I quite like Reaper. Brett Harrison is a likeable lead, and a general rule of thumb is that Ray Wise makes anything watchable.

Agree about Sock though. Tyler Labine doesn't really do it for me. Funny thing is, first time I saw him was in an episode of the X Files pretty much playing the exact same kind of useless stoned waster. That was nearly 14 years ago, and he's still typecast. (His appearance coincided with Jack Black, who had previously played a stoner in the X Files, getting his movie career on track in 96 with The Cable Guy , Mars Attacks and the Fan)

I just figure that since network execs know that Jack Black wont do network television now, all of those pilots that were formerly titled "Untitled Jack Black project 1999" have been fished out of the bin & hastily amended to "Untitled Tyler Labine Project 2009"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I hate TBBT, which I think we all know at this stage.

Reaper is enjoyable, characters are much more sound and not stereotypical. And the Devil in Reaper is excellently cast.
    Agree about Sock though. Tyler Labine doesn't really do it for me. Funny thing is, first time I saw him was in an episode of the X Files pretty much playing the exact same kind of useless stoned waster. That was nearly 14 years ago, and he's still typecast.

He was in a similar series a few years back, with 2 others traveling around america investigating strange goings on. Very type cast, even in that old TV show on the boat with that that Gosling guy, they didn't make him out to be a stoner, they substituted drugs with food. Nickelodian don't support drugies.

I also don't get the connection with either show, one is a steriotypical sitcom while the other is a daft (yet enjoyable) drama/comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭click4444

LOVE The Big Bang Theory :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Big Bang Theory has been renewed for 2 more seasons at least. Love both shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Rodgeb

Really like The Big Bang Theory!:D

Havent seen Reaper, what channel is it on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Reaper was very good, shame it was canceled. Liked Missy Peregrym as Andi ;)

Really love "The Big Bang Theory", great characters, good jokes and fantastic performances. I'm so glad it's been renewed for 3 more seasons. :D:D:D
    Hopefully they'll find a great narrative for the main story structure for each season as the "will they won't they" thing prob won't hold up for that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Kelly7589

NO!!!! Can't believe they've cancelled Reaper! I really enjoy it, it's fun!

Love The Big bang Theory too, I'm glad thats got a couple of seasons left...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Rodgeb wrote: »
    Havent seen Reaper, what channel is it on?

RTE TWO Thursdays at 11:30 or after the news

E4 but not sure of the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

agreed that there is no big bang without sheldon. great show.

never watched reaper past the pilot. so i'll give no opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Oh my god i Love Reaper, and sock oh my god he is the best ever, he will have the lead role in a new show called sons of Tuscon, cant wait i love the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

It's a shame Reaper is gone, it was a harmless bit of fluff. I really loved how the Devil toyed with Sam. I like Rick Gonzalez and felt he was very genuine in character.

Advertisement