Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy cheap beer online anywhere??

Options
  • 01-08-2009 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi is there anywhere online that you can buy cheap beer because its a rip off in ireland
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭smartaform

i've been searching the same thing - but i'd say if somewhere did sell to the republic, the shipping charge would make the price the same as buying down here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's awkward from a legal point of view because they'd be obliged to charge the excise duty which is due in the country of destination. Not that many online drink retailers bother.

best bet is to drive up the north...
    I don't like to say it but it is the only solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭the lil man

they are actaly more expensive online because of delivery charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Superquinn do a nice beer that's about €1.15 a can which ain't too shabby. What kinda beer are you drinking ?

• Advertisement

well mostly cider but i drink all kinds really not fussy about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Keep an eye out in the supermarkets for specials then. Them Scandanavian ones do cheap booze . Staroprammen and Budvar are on special in most places. About 2quid a bottle (well various places have multiple buys offers) or 2 for €3.50 in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

we have scandanavian supermarkets in Ireland? Cool. Where?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Aldi & Lidl do good beer and some is great value!

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There are some companies up north that will deliver to your door, they are discussed in the bargain alerts forum. It is a bit of a grey area for reasons BeerNut said. I think some supermarkets have stopped dealing with them.

Basically you go online and order shopping, it gets free delivery to the couriers HQ, and they drive a big truck down with lots of stopoffs.

• Advertisement

http://www.staustellbreweryshop.co.uk/

Came across the above brewery in Cornwall.. Prices look normal so no saving but buying direct from the Brewery!!
    Might get some to sample.... :D

i dont think you can get cheaper beer anywhere!!:(
    but you can get smokes cheaper

tesco do good deals sometimes

Advertisement