Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gatso Vans

Options
  • 01-08-2009 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

I spotted a Gatso Van in Blanch yesterday with the Garda symbol on the back door and the speed camera sign as well..

Do they all have to be marked now??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

saw an unmarked one on the waterford ring road the other day...sounds like they are being nice...or confirming how screwed you are!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

They don't have to be marked. They are marked presumably because by the time most people will see the images they will already have been caught - they are there to let people know that there are camera vans out catching people for exceeding the posted limit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Cork Gardai are now using a taxi as an unmarked car by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

GATSO vans come equiped with magnetic Garda emblems and speed camera signs. These can be afixed on the back, front and side of the van if the operator so wishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

I was on the M1 the other day traffic was snarled up due to the road works. I got off at the airport exit, Hillariously there were two guards with a stun gun pointing towards the airport roundabout, totally oblivious to the mayhem going on around them.

Another high speed accident averted:rolleyes:. Why can't the people who are these people bosses use them in a proper fashion. " Tango two zero close the till and deploy to the roundabout to ease traffic congestion" The traffic was stopped at red lights looking into an empty junction, all that was needed was some authority and wave the traffic through the lights.

The overhead gantry signs said the M1 was closed after the M50 Junction too............ It wasn't WTF a colleague of mine was in front of me and he continued on into Drumcondra.

• Advertisement
Advertisement