Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puff Puff train on Dublin to Bray line tomarrow August 2nd..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Puff is such a gay word

/Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Does my free travel pass work on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Why couldn't you call it a steam train? :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I hope it doesnt hit some guy skipping on the tracks :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Puff is such a gay word
    It is a steamer :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Cool.

I work directly across from the back of Connolly Station, that cobbled street, Sherriff Street I believe it's called. From the upper floors you can see a lot of Connolly Station, well nearly all of it

For the last few years there was an old black steam engine parked at end of a line.
    But last week there were Irish Rail staff walking around it though I didn't exactly see anyone on the locomotive.

I wonder if they've pulled it out of retirement.

mikemac wrote: »
    Cool.

I work directly across from the back of Connolly Station, that cobbled street, Sherriff Street I believe it's called. From the upper floors you can see a lot of Connolly Station, well nearly all of it

For the last few years there was an old black steam engine parked at end of a line.
    But last week there were Irish Rail walking around it though I didn't exactly see anyone on the locomotive.

I think it is Locomotive No 4 they are using tomarrow, looks like it on the poster. I just hope they are not using the Mark 2 coaches. :mad:
    http://www.steamtrainsireland.com/downloads/events/kingstown_special_poster.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I work directly across from the back of Connolly Station, that cobbled street, Sherriff Street I believe it's called.

You work there yet you dont know for sure the name of the street? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

I posted this in AH because if it was mentioned in Transport & Communications forum there may be some bitching going on about regular Dart services be disupted. :p

Anyone with kids would enjoy this, unfortunitally tickets were all sold out within hours.

http://www.dlrevents.ie/pdfs/THE%20KINGSTOWN%20SPECIAL%202009%20FAQ.pdf

Rang few days back and tickets well gone and they couldn't say when they'd have another one running. Ah well, I'll have to be quicker next time...

Splendour wrote: »
    Rang few days back and tickets well gone and they couldn't say when they'd have another one running. Ah well, I'll have to be quicker next time...

Im pissed off myself for not being quick enough, got there at 11Am thinking it was early. I recon it is an inside job with most of the tickets bought up by members of the the RPSI and their families.

They should scrap the Dart on sundays and run more of these events. When I grew up there was no sunday suberban service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Cool.

But last week there were Irish Rail staff walking around it though I didn't exactly see anyone on the locomotive.

lies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I recon it is an inside job

Ahh, there's the Run_to_da_hills we know and . . . . tolerate.

Advertisement