Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CLK V CLK Kompressor

Options
  • 01-08-2009 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

what is the difference here? only thing i can see is kompressor CLK engine is normally round the 2l mark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

seanie500 wrote: »
    what is the difference here? only thing i can see is kompressor CLK engine is normally round the 2l mark.

The Komp is turbo charged if I am not mistaken. At any rate, I have the CLK 200 convertible, and have driven the 200 Komp, and they're miles apart for performance. If it was mine (it's my wifes), I'd take the Komp every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

It's a supercharger, not a turbo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

the kompressor is supercharged

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The German word for supercharger is......... Kompressor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

And a super charger whistles and is belt driven.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

The German word for supercharger is......... Kompressor.

Yup,

Litterally though it means Compressor.

Although in this context it means supercharger :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

It's a supercharger, not a turbo :)

ok so its supercharged what does that mean though? :confused: sounds like it means more power than a regular clk

majority of kompressors are under 2000cc though from what i can see so dont see why they would be better performing than the normal CLK in terms of BHP at least??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

165bhp for the 2.0 Komp iirc.

Lovely engine - frugal, too - no problem getting into the mid- '30's with it.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

craichoe wrote: »
    Yup,

Litterally though it means Compressor.

Although in this context it means supercharger :)

:) Thats why I said "The German word for supercharger is Kompressor" and not Kompressor means Supercharger!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

As a supercharger is nothing more than an air compressor! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

A supercharger is like a turbocharger in that it compresses the air before feeding it to the engine.

The difference is that a turbocharger is driven by the pressure of the exhaust gas whereas a supercharger is driven by the crankshaft. An advantage a supercharger has over a turbo is that it is driven directly, therefore suffers no turbo lag as the turbo waits for exhaust pressure to build up. Turbos work more efficiently at higher revs, superchargers have the advantage at lower revs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

The 200 K comes in two forms Elegance and Avantgarde. If you just want to tootle around the Elegance is fine but the Avantgarde has a lower harder suspension and is much more driveable ( is that a word ?).

The 200K is a very flexible car docile at low speeds very economic, push up the revs and off she flies, The supercharger has a some advantages over the turbo as the power is pretty much always there when you need it.

If you like tail sliding the traction control is very intrusive and thats when it's switched off :o. If anyone ever figures out how to turn it fully off let me know. It is possible to get the tail out but then the fly by wire throttle is taken from you as the esp takes over and shakes it's finger at you.

Just to add I couldn't find an Avantgarde that suited my budget so I got an Elegance and lowered it with Eibachs easy diy job took about 10 hours. Much better to drive.

The Elegance could be bought specified with the Lower suspension of the Avantgarde but they are few and far between.

Advertisement