Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's safe to park up a bicycle in town overnight?

Options
  • 01-08-2009 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is living off Merchants Road in a second storey apartment, which has no facilities for bicycles.

And because she works outside of the city on 7am shifts, there are no buses then, and it's not practicle getting taxis 5 days a week.

So on that, where in town can you park up a bicycle knowing it's going to be safe when you come back to it the next morning?

Are there any places that cater for this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

No where is safe these days,galways not full of caring locals anymore:(

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭whineflu

Tomebagel wrote: »
    No where is safe these days,galways not full of caring locals anymore:(

That's bullsh1t. I get on great with my neighbours and know loads of sound heads. I wouldn't leave a bike anywhere in town over night though. It'd get robbed or jumped on my some nob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I don't mean to sound unhelpful but there is nowhere you can leave a bike overnight. Its not safe to leave a bike for some assholes to steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,791 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Any other friends with apartments in the area that have facilites? (Mine doesn't, sorry). I'm guessing not, given that you're posting here. What about workmates or friends-of-friends.

Other than that I'd be looking somewhere in Hynes Yard I think. Maybe talk to them if there's anywhere she could use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Mount a pulley outside her bedroom window so she can haul her bike up out of harms way and lower it when she needs it.

Theres nowhere safe in the city centre to leave a bike - she could always buy a Brompton folding bike and carry it into her apartment?...

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

maybe try the 24hour carpark which is down that direction, there is always plenty of places where u can lock it, as long as your not blocking a parking space the guys shudnt give u grief

• Registered Users Posts: 25,791 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

jayoo wrote: »
    maybe try the 24hour carpark which is down that direction,

Aye, that's Hynes Yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

The railings outside of Mill Street Garda station would be my first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Thanks all for the feedback. Unfortunatly peole have just confirmed my suspicions that it's not safe to leave anything:(

I'll suggest Hynes Yard to her and see how that goes.

I'm surprised there isn't a service like this in town yet. Maybe there's a business idea for someone;)

Brilliant:D 10/10 for that:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Col200sx wrote: »

I'm surprised there isn't a service like this in town yet. Maybe there's a business idea for someone;)

Mountain trail do a bike park for €1 a day it can be left over night too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

You would not be allowed to lock them to the railings there as there are/were signs saying not to do so and im sure the boys in blue would remove it.

Advertisement