Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Hacked ?

Options
  • 01-08-2009 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed when you first go to Facebook your presented with a full page Ad offering you some free gift. What the hell is this all about, Facebook are resorting to new lows, i think they are starting to use the same business model as Ryanair, trying to squeeze every penny they can out of its users anyway they can, either that or have they been hacked?

When you try leave the page you get an annoying popup box that wont let you leave without redirecting to this offer. Obviously i can just close my browser which i did.

Oh wait crap i hope i dont have some adware on my PC, is anyone else having the same problem. ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Serves you right for being on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

zAbbo wrote: »
    You're the one hacked.

Sounds like you've got that virus doing the rounds.

Why do people always assume the problem is never themselves?

Hence i mentioned that it may be my own fault. Ive never had trouble with adware before, im always very cautious about what i download. Besides i was on facebook about 1 hour ago with no problems and i have download or done anything else since on my PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Hmm only happens when i use Google Chrome browser, works fine on all other browsers. Thats wierd, ok looks like its just my problem can Mods close the thread and my apologies for my premature conclusion!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

would seem you have a trojan lurking in your software

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

I know your location says Norway but is there any chance you happen to be in Ireland using eircom as your ISP?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

TimTim wrote: »
    I know your location says Norway but is there any chance you happen to be in Ireland using eircom as your ISP?
    No, he's in Norway. Why would he joke about that? It's Norway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

K4t wrote: »
    Serves you right for being on facebook.

Whats wrong with Facebook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

donmeister wrote: »
    Whats wrong with Facebook?

nothing, nothing at all. its just some ass tryin to be funny! "oh you use facebook?, ur such a saddo" anything related to a social networking site has the same consequences...bebo, facebook, twitter? tryin to get aload of thanks, which he did..but boards is not too dis-similar from them!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

mink_man wrote: »
    nothing, nothing at all. its just some ass tryin to be funny! "oh you use facebook?, ur such a saddo" anything related to a social networking site has the same consequences...bebo, facebook, twitter? tryin to get aload of thanks, which he did..but boards is not too dis-similar from them!!

Well the main difference is that I know my Bebo/Facebook friends far better than the people on Boards, so it's less pathetic to talk to them online with your free time

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

..but boards is not too dis-similar from them!!

On boards you don't pictures of yourself doing stupid poses and caption it with:
    'Me lukin loike mah usual sexsy self'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

pffft..... everyone knows Bebo is where it is at.

*Dons shield and awaits for onslaught.

On boards you don't pictures of yourself doing stupid poses and caption it with:
    Speak for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

zAbbo wrote: »
    Why do people always assume the problem is never themselves?

It's always someone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

and the reason you cant do that on boards????.............because you're not able!!! but if you could do it, people would!!!!

and the reason you cant do that on boards????.............because you're not able!!! but if you could do it, people would!!!!
    You can, and people do. Know your nerds, Know your nocturnals etc.

Advertisement