Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New passport?

Options
  • 01-08-2009 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Just realized I've lost my passport 3 weeks before my holiday.:D

If I send away for an express passport next week will I get it on time do you reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Duff wrote: »

If I send away for an express passport next week will I get it on time do you reckon?

We got one for my son in 8 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Once you can prove you are travelling you can get one within a day or two, but you'll have to collect it. Allow 10 days for passport express, so I wouldn't count on it. Better off ringing the passport office and asking what they think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Duff wrote: »

Why are you happy about this?:confused:

Anyway, I got one within a week, ring the passport office and explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I lost mine the day I was heading away! Had to go to the Passport Office and queue outside it with about 50 immigrants before I got the plane

It was close!

so yeah 3 weeks is plenty of time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Was in a similiar situation as you a few years ago. Get a priority passport thingy (it'll cost extra). I went to the office in Cork to get it down as fast as possible. Unless it's changed by now or I'm mistaken, for normal, non-priority passport requests it's a minimum of 20 working days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I think Passport Express gets it back to you in 10 working days, guaranteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

yeah, i just got a passport last week - passport express costs €88.50 and is guaranteed to get to you within ten working days from the working day after you post it. i got mine back within 8 working days. just make sure the photos you send off are perfect - there are guidelines with the application forms now, but the garda said to me that they send them back now if theyre not perfect size, exposure, no reflection from glasses etc. he advised me not to send the first ones i had taken as my hair obscured my eyebrow on one side.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

sam34 wrote: »
    yeah, i just got a passport last week - passport express costs €88.50 and is guaranteed to get to you within ten working days from the working day after you post it. i got mine back within 8 working days. just make sure the photos you send off are perfect - there are guidelines with the application forms now, but the garda said to me that they send them back now if theyre not perfect size, exposure, no reflection from glasses etc. he advised me not to send the first ones i had taken as my hair obscured my eyebrow on one side.

Happened me a few years back, didn't realise i lost my passport until the day before i was due to leave. I was issued a temporary 1 year passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

sam34 wrote: »

And when you're signing your application in presence of Garda witness make sure to use a black pen. Almost didn't get mine because whatever machine they use to make the passports wasn't copying my signature in blue ink (naturally I had the entire form filled out in black ink apart from that :rolleyes: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

send it away asap. i used passport express and it still took almost 3 weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Don't use the express service. My sister rang two weeks ago and they said they can't guarantee to have it in 10 days. She went it passport office with a copy of her ticket and was told to come back
    A week later and it was ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I got one done up for me in an hour last year, not a word of a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Cheers for the replies folks! I got the express form and the new pictures done earlier. I'll be sending it away first thing Monday.

Advertisement