Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Mooathon 09

Options
  • 01-08-2009 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on doing this in between Longford and Dublin and I was wondering if anyone else will be doing it? I know that it's the first time they are doing the full 26.2M, and there's not much info on their web site for the full route.

Has anyone any experience on the half marathons they've had in the past, and the organisation, facilities, etc.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Peckham

Haven't done it yet, but am planning to do it (not this year though). Have driven the route though, and it's incredibly tough - so you might want to check it out beforehand if you're unfamiliar.

AFAIK there's a big focus on the social side of it, and seems like good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

Wanted to do this dressed as a freisian but the tough course puts me off, I'll try an udder race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Hmm, I'm not going to get a chance to drive up to Donegal to check out the course first, so I'll have to map it on MapMyRun, and check out the elevation etc.

The one thing that's worrying me is that I'm doing the Blarney Half marathon two weeks beforehand, and I believe there are some tough hills there too, so I'll have a bit of recovering to do before Dublin, if the terrain in Donegal is also a bit hilly.

But I wont know until the actual route is published. Theres only a map for the half so far, and apparently the full one wanders off onto another route at some point and meets up at the finish line of the half.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shotcaller

might give the half marathon a go.

Advertisement