Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I ain't got no (Job) Satisfaction

Options
  • 01-08-2009 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

OK, my planets and stars have aligned, work is pissing me off, I'm drunk and logged into boards all at the same time..

Let the rant begin.

I work in IT, and I'm bored senseless by what I do everyday. I'm a graduate with a good few years experience, I'm grateful of the job and the money is good but I can't help but feel any satisfaction when I get home at night nor any real reason to get my ass out of bed other than I'd get hassle from my asshole boss if I didn't show up.

I've thought about doing an EMT course but not sure if the hours would suit me ( family).I know I can't go on doing what I'm doing - its soul destroying.

What do you think, are you happy where you are, do you feel satisified? Are you helping people or just making/saving money for the fat cats??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

i aint afraid of no ghosts:D

rightso wrote: »
    OK, my planets and stars have aligned

Stopped reading here.

Stopped reading here.

got further then i did mate hehehehe hey what did he say hehehehahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

i aint afraid of no ghosts:D

You didn't include your signature laugh in that post! :eek:

Get stuck down with Swine Flu!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 rightso

Stopped reading here.

Didn't stop you from being original :rolleyes:

In all fairness, Tongue in cheek can be lost sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

I'd love to be in your position now tbh :D

You didn't include your signature laugh in that post! :eek:

Get stuck down with Swine Flu!?

bustin makes me feel good hehehehahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Call that multitasking....................:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

wat in heaves name have ya done? I'd be lost witout boards YAY

I'd love to be in your position now tbh :D

You have a way with words....You've convinced me to reconsider :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Sorry OP, just wait for the dole queue people to come on saying "you're lucky to have a job". That'll cheer you up. They are probably on the piss tonight though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭waitinforatrain

Got a sweet job as a programmer, I love programming, I love my job. mmmm gloating, feel that gloaty goodness

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Sorry OP, just wait for the dole queue people to come on saying "you're lucky to have a job". That'll cheer you up. They are probably on the piss tonight though.

It crossed my mind to put a note at the start about "recession/ you're lucky to have a job Blah Blah"- but I figured from recent posts we'd be all past that. You're right though- I probably expected too much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

OK, my planets and stars have aligned, work is pissing me off, I'm drunk and logged into boards all at the same time..

Let the rant begin.

I work in IT, and I'm bored senseless by what I do everyday. I'm a graduate with a good few years experience, I'm grateful of the job and the money is good but I can't help but feel any satisfaction when I get home at night nor any real reason to get my ass out of bed other than I'd get hassle from my asshole boss if I didn't show up.

I've thought about doing an EMT course but not sure if the hours would suit me ( family).I know I can't go on doing what I'm doing - its soul destroying.

What do you think, are you happy where you are, do you feel satisified? Are you helping people or just making/saving money for the fat cats??
    Maybe you need to find a hobby outside of work that you can look forward to after you finish work...

/too serious a reply for ah maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

In all fairness, Tongue in cheek can be lost sometimes
    You lost your tongue in your cheek??:eek:
    Wow....thats impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 81,721 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Let the rant begin.

You call this a rant?

/buddy, I didnt even get my coat off.

You lost your tongue in your cheek??:eek:
    Wow....thats impressive

I'm a big guy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Gotta do the expected....you're lucky to have a job!
    From your stereotype unemployed guy who had a few pints this evening!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Overheal wrote: »
    You call this a rant?

/buddy, I didnt even get my coat off.

I'll hold your coat for you.:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement