Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

replacing lost driving licence

Options
  • 01-08-2009 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

anyone know how long it will take to replace a lost driving licence once relevant forms have been submitted to the local motor tax office, smithfield in my case?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

It should only be a couple of days. It may be Wednesday/Thursday next week before you get it though due to the Long Weekend. So long as you keep the receipt from the tax office you will be grand. You will definitely get it within the 10 days that a garda gives you to produce at a station if you do get stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Just go into the motor tax office and hand in the relevant forms with your passport photo's and they make up your new one in front of you. Job done in 5 minutes

high horse wrote: »
    Just go into the motor tax office and hand in the relevant forms with your passport photo's and they make up your new one in front of you. Job done in 5 minutes

They won't always do it there and then. Most tax offices do them after 3:30, when they close to the public and then post them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    They won't always do it there and then. Most tax offices do them after 3:30, when they close to the public and then post them out.

Fair enough. When I got mine replaced in the office in Cork it only took a few minutes. I thought they had standardised their procedures across all offices.

high horse wrote: »
    Fair enough. When I got mine replaced in the office in Cork it only took a few minutes. I thought they had standardised their procedures across all offices.

No man, its the public service you're dealing with here. Standardised procedures and the Public Service do not go hand in hand!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rrrkelly

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    No man, its the public service you're dealing with here. Standardised procedures and the Public Service do not go hand in hand!:pac:

very true haha

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Doing this right now myself.

Was told its the same few days as if you were waiting for a new licence. Iv never waited more than a week.

Advertisement