Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toyota bj40 on the road

Options
  • 31-07-2009 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

hi all has any one hear got a toyota bj40 on the road

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I think Mahatma Coat has one but he is in QLD Australia

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭123 man

cool i have 2 on the road just got my 48 eu tax and no doe 30 years old this year thank god . use to see a red one around south dub wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

There is a blue one knocking around Kildare/Monasterevin. See it fairly often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 duvelhedz

I have a red 78 one on the road in tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

pictures please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

Spotted this one at Trim Car Show a few years ago...

Silvera wrote: »
    Spotted this one at Trim Car Show a few years ago...

theres one of them for sale down this neck of the woods

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ruxpin82

oflynno wrote: »
    theres one of them for sale down this neck of the woods

any idea how much hes looking for it, lwb or swb?

ruxpin82 wrote: »
    any idea how much hes looking for it, lwb or swb?

it is long wheel base and around 4 grand is what he is looking for
    i saw it last year,his daily driver,had some rust in places but would consider it to 90-95% very good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have a valeo clutch kit for the 40 series if anyone needs one at a good price:)

• Advertisement

is there any one around south co dublin ,wicklow . there was two pic in a car park on boards a bit ago but i miss them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

123 man wrote: »
    is there any one around south co dublin ,wicklow . there was two pic in a car park on boards a bit ago but i miss them

a nato green one a friend of mine ownes it ,she is a 84 im sure and going like a clock.

jwshooter wrote: »
    a nato green one a friend of mine ownes it ,she is a 84 im sure and going like a clock.
    il keep a eye out for it .we have to have a bj40 outing some time to see how maney jeeps come there has to be more than a hand full around:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mr188

Hi all I have the Bj 40 on the road around Kildare and Monastereven. LEGENDERY VEHICLE!!!!:eek:
    DSC00088.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Looks like a lovely jeep.

A credit to ya, its in beautiful condition.

Welcome to Boards.ie by the way :)

Thanks very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Viejo Zorro

For those who don't like rust:
    http://www.icon4x4.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Mr188 wrote: »
    Hi all I have the Bj 40 on the road around Kildare and Monastereven. LEGENDERY VEHICLE!!!!:eek:
    DSC00088.JPG

Really really nice. Always liked them. Fair play to you for keeping it running.

Happy New Year to all and save motoring. Keep on cruising all bj 40 drivers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BJ45dude

Nice Jeep, like the colour, I'm in Donegal and have a 1979 one stripped at the min and tryin to convince myself to go at it to try restore, body terrible but engine, gearbox and chassis perfect, any ideas on parts or panels at right price? Tried internet but stuff in US dear specially when postage is added!!

• Advertisement

Hi BJ45dude , panels for these as you will already no are as scarce as hens teeth.I was lucky with my own machine as it was damged late in it,s life and was repaired in main toyota dealer with new panels .so had very little rust .I didn,t have to replace any major panels ,all other parts got shipped from coolcruisers in Texas.What parts are your worst ?:)

frI have tub off the chassis, worst is from behind the seats back towards the back door inc doors and wings not great either, rear floorpan is eaten thru... debating whether to order a new tub or weld up thand patch old one but it will never be right if I weld but will cost too musc for a tub and once ya spand that amount the fun's gone!!

I have to agree with you. What are your doors like? these are expensive.I have 2 donor vehicles but they are rotted to bits.Are donor vehicles scarce in your n eck of the woods ? What are the top sections with the glass over the tub like?

hey
    happy new year to all
    it means another year of vehicles is now classic,wahooo

god,i'd love to be upto it in a bj40 or variant restoration,even though they are hard to find parts for

i often wonder is it cheaper to source parts from austrailia rather than the usa as there are quite a few guys in the ford scene importing stuff from oz.

i was debating before to make a master list of body panels needed by people and order as 1 group,sharing shipping charges

i know in the real world that can cause a bit if strife,but at least its an option....maybe

I certainly think that would be worth looking in to. Are there enough people at bj,s to make up the numbers ?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

The diesel was good. Unfortunately one of the State agencies acquired 4.6L petrol engined versions, crap roadholding coupled with drivers unused to a 4x4 that could do 100 mph led to many accidents...

Still a classic.

doors bit gone at bottom,. no donors in my area at all. top section not great but manageable to fix. in a dilemma to be honst but now that i have had this gem lyn in shed for most 2 years it wud be shame to disregard it! full Irish reg and tax book and last MOT here with it..????? wud be interedsted in shipping sharing.. had good prices for stuff from a crowd in Columbia for all parts but the territory scared me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

I've 2 bjs ('81 and '83) and both rotten, still cant commit to ordering steel though sorry, wud luv to though. The cruisers on here are beautiful lads fair play. I'd LOVE to have been able to take one out on the snowy roads we have here at the min to show the traction they'd get.

Mr188 wrote: »
    DSC00088.JPG
    love your jeep . we have to have a bj40 day out some time to see how many on the road . im in souh dublin wicklow dark blue one like yours wir278 keep a eye out for me;)

• Advertisement

Yeah ,d be great to organise abj day out and see how many are on the roads.:)

Advertisement