Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ag science sections?

Options
  • 31-07-2009 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

im doing my project at the moment i have the basic sections done livestock disease control etc. i was going to do a section on farm safety and reps however since the reps plan is no more i don't know what to do. what headings should i have for the farm safety section - i saw one project and all it was some handouts filled in.... can you do this? i want to do another section but i dont know what do ... i was thinking maybe bog or modern farming..but again i dont know what headings to do it under... if anyone has any suggestions can ya let me know please.
    thanks in advance:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It's pointless doing bog or modern farming, there's no marks for it.

In your livestock section you should cover breeds, housing, feeding, disease prevention, symptoms and control, rearing calves/lambs/bainbhs (depending on which enterprise you've picked), products from those animals, AI.

then you need to do two crops, grassland, a root crop or potatoes, cereals, two of the three need to be covered, normally I get my classes to do grassland and potatoes.

The remainder of your project is your farm plan and the write up of the experiments.

while all that stuff about farm safety is nice and it's great to see students putting an effort into the project, it's not relevant to the project guidelines.

Advertisement