Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central Heating back on

Options
  • 31-07-2009 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭

So I've thrown on the heating again after 2 or 3 months...just cold and misearable. What have we done to deserve these 3 awful "Summers" in a row :(
    As if we weren't depressed enough :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

HEATING ON!

What?

It is wet but not cold!

I am suspecting op is female....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

I thought this summer was great, you'll always get bad days. It's not the end of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

A cold woman...now theres a first!

I suppose you have cold toes no less?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

It could be worse OP, you could be dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

mfitzy wrote: »
    So I've thrown on the heating again after 2 or 3 months...just cold and misearable. What have we done to deserve these 3 awful "Summers" in a row :(

Ah Jaysus would you not just throw on an auld geansai if you're a bit cold?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

What have we done to deserve these 3 awful "Summers" in a row :(

We used deodorant and Mr Sheen we shoulda just stayed smelly and dusty and then everything woulda been ok. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

just cold and misearable. What have we done to deserve these 3 awful "Summers" in a row :(

It's cold? I thought this summer was quite ok. A few days of rain and it is a terrible summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What are you on about?

Did you miss the five or six weeks of lovely weather?

It was lovely and warm only a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I've had the heat on for an hour at a time once or twice over the last week. The mornings and evenings are a bit cooler now, and today I've had it on a couple of times [/aul wan]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

It was lovely and warm only a few days ago.

Yeah, it was great in Galway yesterday. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I could count the number of blue skies sunny days we got in Dublin on one hand. You're all mad if you think this is a good summer. We don't get one in Ireland. Save your money for a holiday on the med if you want sun that's what i do!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I could count the number of blue skies sunny days we got in Dublin on one hand. You're all mad if you think this is a good summer. We don't get one in Ireland. Save your money for a holiday on the med if you want sun that's what i do!

You must have a severely deformed hand with dozens of fingers then!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Central heating sucks, it dries out the air

nothing beats sitting in front of a nice fire

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Same in my house today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Dont mind them OP, i've had mine on today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I won't :D. Had it on for an hour, take the chill out of the air.
    Granted the weather has been warm and muggy, this has been another washout summer. And I don't think it's looking much better any time soon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Turned mine on in last few nights for an hour, just to take the edge off the evening chill.

Tis a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

I won't :D. Had it on for an hour, take the chill out of the air.
    Granted the weather has been warm and muggy, this has been another washout summer. And I don't think it's looking much better any time soon :(

I just spent the last 7 days working outside clearing trees and I was only rained off for 20 minutes twice. I got sunburn on the back of my neck. While it's pissing rain today the temp stat in the house read 18/19. It's all in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's wet but it's not cold. No need for the CH to be on at the moment. The temperature gauge in my house hasn't dipped below 21°C in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

july and august is irelands wettest months... i dont know why you are all complaining...

ps. put a fecking jumper of OP...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's because of Lisbon. If we'd voted for it the sun would be shining out of our arseholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If you have a job: you should be grateful to be able to have heating.

If you are a student: get a job and stop dossing around the house.

If you are unemployed: you are a parasite and you don't deserve heat that is subsidized by my taxes.

Is there any other AH bases I haven't covered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    It's cold? I thought this summer was quite ok. A few days of rain and it is a terrible summer?

A few days of rain!!?? What are you going on about?? Its rained pretty much every day this month, and on the 24th July it was already the wettest July on record:

http://www.met.ie/news/display.asp?ID=22

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

A decent insulated house does me.
    I dont think its cold at all tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I stuck the fire (electric) on for a half hr earlier..just a tad chilly alright!

Is it or is it not true that we've been having less rain in the winter mths (nov-jan) than the summer ones?

Heading to Fat Boy Slim on Sunday...dya think i can figure out what to put on me? I have the farmer wellies, rolled up Dunnes rain jacket in a bag and summer top ready to see what Sunday brings...unreal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

A few days of rain!!?? What are you going on about?? Its rained pretty much every day this month, and on the 24th July it was already the wettest July on record:

http://www.met.ie/news/display.asp?ID=22

that settles that debate then ;)

over 21c every day, we here in roscommon hadn't seen over 15c since about may :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I had the stove lit yesterday to heat a bit of water , turned on the rads for half an hour too it was a bit chilly in ahloooaaane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'm currently experiencing a week of solid 30*C weather. Which is slightly ironic in that I much prefer it to be too cold than too warm so if anyone wants to swap let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I was cold the last few nights.

And i am a hardy bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

Brother just gave me one of those electric oil radiators. Anyone know if they're any good/expensive? Thread has me tempted to take her for a test spin.

Advertisement