Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Question

Options
  • 31-07-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭

Just passed the nct and on the new disc it says 2010(well 10 but to be clear).
    Its an 2002 car, has something changed?I used to drive a 1999 and that was every two years.
    Cheers in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,422 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It should have had it's first NCT in 2006 then, and then another in 2008 (i.e. last year). The dates go from when it should have been done, i.e. 2 yearly intervals after the car's 4th birthday, not when it was actually done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭jeffk

Alun wrote: »
    It should have had it's first NCT in 2006 then, and then another in 2008 (i.e. last year). The dates go from when it should have been done, i.e. 2 yearly intervals after the car's 4th birthday, not when it was actually done.

Ah i see, another new lesson learned for me so.
    Thanks for the reply i can keep that in mind the next time i go to upgrade the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

From the NCT website Test Certificates will be valid for up to 2 years (from the date the test is due to the registration anniversary date two years later).

Advertisement