Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New promos for Tubridy's Late Late Show.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He's not an idiot and all promos make people look like conceited, egomanical fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭whirlwind

Yes the promos aren't great. Yes he doesn't come across that well in them. But how can you call him an idiot? perhaps your jealous of his success. I am no big fan of him, raley have i watched his show without a cringe. But i know he is not an idiot.
    Also will you give him a chance before you judge the new show, if it, and him, are awful then you will have every right to criticise the show and him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Tubridy is excellent at what he does.

I don't happen to be a fan of that family friendly, ultra-safe genre of TV that RTE insists on shoving down the country's throat...but I'll still admit that there's nobody out there currently who can do it like Tubbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

tubbers has a since of humour not like pat the plank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

theyre gone?

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/tubridy-ready-for-late-late-but-fears-critical-backlash-1846684.html
    "Pat Kenny was savaged regularly, and a lot of the time unfairly, and yet he kept producing the numbers,"

what else are they going to watch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

blond45 wrote: »
    tubbers has a since of humour not like pat the plank.

Agreed, i like Tubridy. He is relaxed when things steer away from whats expected. He has a laugh with the guests, makes them relaxed, and throws in a few witty comments.
    I reckon he could handle most "celebs" that he will get to interview on LLS.
    I just hope RTE allow him to be himself, and have a normal chat and laugh with them.
    Pat didn't know what to do, if things went anyway funny or out of what he expected.

I think the night Enrique Iglesias was on was brilliant, as he said something to Pat about Pat scaring him. Due to lack of basically anything resembling a normal man. Enrique was having a laugh, saying a few iffy things, and Pat got in a mess.

Tried find clip on youtube, but doesn't seem to be up there!

But that interview is something Tubridy would love, and would slag the person back and make it entertaining.

I for one am looking forward to Tubs in that role, any Friday i am staying in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

OP all i am getting is this video has been removed by user(C,mon how how much brian pay you?;))

I listen to his radio show a lot and find him very sharp minded overall.
    was not crazy about turbity tonight overall.

Like Pat kenny had to live in the shadow of gay byrne,turbity has had to live in the shadow of Pat kenny.

the controller of programmes forces the 9am slot to be diffrient to the 10 to 12 slot on radio.

same on tv the saturday night slot has to be diffrient to the late late slot for variety.

Turbity will now have first call on what guests/items appear on LLS.

so Yeah give it a chance at least:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There's an unhealthy dose of Tubridy support on this thread. Tubridy Tonight was turgid guff and that band of his ought to be shot out of a cannon and into a volcano.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Stevecw wrote: »
    and throws in a few witty comments.

Should that read condecending comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Don't particularly like him either but all the Tubridy-bashing is getting tiresome. I don't understand how anyone who sat through the last 10 years of Kenny could have such a big problem with Tubridy. We should just be grateful it wasn't Gerry Ryan.

I stopped watching the Late Late years ago because of how terrible Kenny was and I won't be tuning in for Tubridy either. You'd swear people were being strapped to chair on a Friday night and being forced to watch it. I mean it's Friday night - go out, read, watch a dvd or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I mean it's Friday night - go out, read, watch a dvd or something.

Woah, Woah, WOAH! Careful now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Wyndman

I remember coming across this tack once Saturday night and found myself shaking with rage that some witless Fianna fail marionette was not only being indulged in his kinky fantasy of pretending to be Conan O'Brien but that it was being broadcast into thousands of peoples homes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I won't be watching the Late Late......Tubridy is too ugly for TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ynotdu wrote: »
    OP all i am getting is this video has been removed by user(C,mon how how much brian pay you?;))

fk, sorry only noticed it's gone now.. RTE must have contacted youtube. We can only hope this is the preliminary step to pulling the whole show.. Bring back Pat Kenny.

Maybe they were just test promos? Why would they be pulled from youtube?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Enii wrote: »
    I won't be watching the Late Late......Tubridy is too ugly for TV.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

tubridy is untermensch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

When will people learn that there is an alternative.

Johnathan Ross FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

ross is a fool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

ross has been fairly good recently big stars on...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

ross has been fairly good recently big stars on...

Pity he is presenting the show. I like Ross in small doses, but I hate the current chat show host who takeover from guests, very american. Again I like American TV chat shows but I would like to see some guests with their 2c actually enjoying the experience of chatting and of chat shows hosts actively listening instead of going on to the next question like Pat Kenny, or interrupting the guest mid sentence every 2 words like J. Ross.

I don't think Tub will be able to bring the Tub Tonight format over to TLLS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Tallspoon

Wyndman wrote: »
    I remember coming across this tack once Saturday night and found myself shaking with rage that some witless Fianna fail marionette was not only being indulged in his kinky fantasy of pretending to be Conan O'Brien but that it was being broadcast into thousands of peoples homes.

:P lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I think with all the 'experts' on here they should get a job in television themselves, actually do something worthwhile about the problem rather than sit at home bitching like a pack of grannys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Turgidy is a plank of the highest order!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Turgidy is a plank of the highest order!!!!

Learn how to spell dude. :p

Advertisement