Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Query regarding New Car Purchased

Options
  • 31-07-2009 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Not sure if anyone can be of help, but I purchased a new(used) car yesterday, drove it out of the garage aand home, and only when home realised there is a crack in the middle of the windscreen. I hadnt noticed it when viewing the car, as the car was inside(less noticeable) and also, its located diirectly behind the rear view mirror on the passengers side.
    It was only pointed out to me when someone got in the passenger seat.

Now I'm not sure where I stand relating to gettin this fixed? Is it the dealers responsibility who sold me the car, to fix this? Its under warrenty with that dealer? Or will they tell me to bugger off, and fix it myself?

Muchos thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Try the dealer, if you get no joy then I'm sure your insurance will cover it at no cost to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Is this a new or second hand car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Hey Blue,

It is a second hand car...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

You should approach the dealer about it. He may look after it for you. He may not, due to the fact the car was sold as seen & the windscreen is probably not covered under warranty - thh, as far as he is concerned, it could have happened as you drove home. But, if you have comprehensive insurance it should be covered and is a quick and easy job.

Advertisement