Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dundrum Bypass Gatso?

Options
  • 31-07-2009 9:30am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure, but I think there has been a Gatso van parked regularly on the Dundrum bypass, about half way down on the opposite side of the road to the shopping centre. It's been there on an off for about a fortnight now, I thought it was a work vehicle or something but the back window looks to me like it has a cutout for a camera.

Anyone else spotted it? Seems an unusual place for a camera.. I do that road every day and wouldn't put it down as somewhere people would be going mental..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I saw it a few weeks back and wondered the same, it doesn't look like a Gastso but it does look out of place there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

There is usually one on the slip road heading onto the M50 southbound from Dundrum too. Just under the flyover before you come to the lights near Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

Think I know the one the OP is referring to:

Google map link: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=dundrum+bypass,+dublin&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=22.709489,35.947266&ie=UTF8&ll=53.288231,-6.244462&spn=0.004663,0.01369&t=h&z=17

There is usually a gatso van parked on the Dundrum bypass just before where the Balinteer road pass over, they park up on the opposite side of the shopping centre. The spot where they park is clearly marked with a sign saying something like: no parking, 24 hour access required :rolleyes:

Very easy to get caught there, think it's a 50 limit and downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sometimes the police lurk at the bottom of the hill on the same side as the shopping centre with a tripod mounted camera, at the back entrance to the old shopping centre.

Given that there's a hill there, it's easy to pick up speed - so be careful.

Advertisement