Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pat Keogh Limerick Sold

Options
  • 31-07-2009 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Pat Keogh in Limerick - all spied by me this morning.

The lights were on, the SOLD sign was on the sign and there was a 09 KY BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo on the forecourt with its lights on.

09 KY registered.

Im thinking Aherns in Castleisland.

There were two others cars on the forecourt also with a few heads in the dealership with architects drawings of some kind.

Good news on the horizon for Limerick and for the motor trade in General.

Its nice to see a glimmer of hope someplace.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

There was something in the post about that, I think they mentioned some un-named midlands dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

MarkR wrote: »
    There was something in the post about that, I think they mentioned some un-named midlands dealer?

I was concerned at first it was a KE reg of the car so pulled over for a closer look. Definately a KY reg.

This might be helpful, the person wearing the big red BMW jacked was a middle aged woman. All the others were young guys so I figure she was the boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Just be careful. It may not actually be another car dealership moving in. I went by Doyles Lexus in Wexford last weekend, and saq the lights on, and thought
    "great! Someone else has moved in!"

They had, but it was a furniture shop instead....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

anyone any more info on pat keogh? are both garages still trading or are they closed down?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

well hopefully it is good news... fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

messrs wrote: »
    anyone any more info on pat keogh? are both garages still trading or are they closed down?

Both are closed down. Pat Keogh went into Voluntary liquidation on the 12th March. Here is a link

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Pat-Keogh-dealership-closes-45.5066698.jp

The Nissan end of it closed prior to that and Pat Tiernan motors took over the Limerick City operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

wrote:
    No signs of life on the Tipperary road when I went past last night...

messrs wrote: »
    2 Espressi wrote: »
    No signs of life on the Tipperary road when I went past last night...

As Mentioned in the OP
    Berty wrote: »
    Pat Keogh in Limerick - all spied by me this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭alias no.9

They had, but it was a furniture shop instead....:eek:

Surely that's got to be at least as big a gamble in this weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Surely that's got to be at least as big a gamble in this weather.

Thats what i thought too. Leather sofas selling for €5000 went out with the IS220!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Berty, it is not a kerry dealer taking over. It will be re-openning and the reports in the paper are spot on, as MarkR noted. Watch this space

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Speaking of good news - maybe a little off topic but see here:

http://www.audi.ie/ie/brand/en/company/news.detail.2009~07~audi_north_dublin.html

60 new jobs can only be good!

RedorDead wrote: »
    Speaking of good news - maybe a little off topic but see here:

http://www.audi.ie/ie/brand/en/company/news.detail.2009~07~audi_north_dublin.html

60 new jobs can only be good!

Lets re-model the thread to be a good news motor dealer thread and make it a sticky.

The title and Opening Post can be altered to suit. :D

Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

Conlons are moving into the Pat Keogh BMW dealership in Limerick!

And before its said - its not speculation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Does anyone know who is behind the cars being sold from Keoghs old Nissan dealership forecourt? It's mostly BMs (Carzone says they have a tasty M3 :D) and I assumed it was part of a liquidation sell off. Can anyone confirm? Has anyone been in and do they take trade ins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

(Carzone says they have a tasty M3 :D)

Indeed.... Mmm

Only joking :P

Very nice car though - 0-60 in 5s. Really low mileage (if true), possibly somebody's second car? Nice if you had your own oil well in your backyard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

Conlons are moving into the Pat Keogh BMW dealership in Limerick!

And before its said - its not speculation

Agreed, heard it from the horses mouth yesterday.

@ Amadeus. I will check this out later this evening. Im off work sick and collecting herself from the Ballysimon Rd area later so considering I have nothing better to do I will drive in and have a look.

I have noticed that they are selling a few tasty motors and not your usual crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Has anyone heard anything yet of a dealer to take over representation of the brand from Maxwell Motors?

Advertisement