Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fats Waller

Options
  • 30-07-2009 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi, I've recently discovered the music of Fats Waller and I like it. Can anyone recommend some of his best music please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Hi Winston
    Fats Waller would like to think that he invented jazz but that is not the case.

He was a great showman,however,and did make a massive contribution to the genre.

I came across a great 4CD set (The Ultimate Jazz Archive) which has a CD devoted to Fats Waller.Tracks like Handful Of Keys,I Wish I Were Twins,Dream Man and Honeysuckle Rose are included (21 Tracks In All)

Membran Music (www.membran.net) from Germany distribute but I picked up a copy in Tower Records Dublin.

The other discs feature Joe Venuti & Eddie Long,Coleman Hawkins and Art Tatum.

Cheers!

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Is this the guy that was in the Be kind rewind film? The chap's a hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭WinstonSmith

Is this the guy that was in the Be kind rewind film? The chap's a hero.

don't know. came across his music at the end of a tribute show on the radio a few weeks ago and liked it.

Advertisement