Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B.T.E.A confusion moveing from a level 5 to a level 6 plc course.

Options
  • 30-07-2009 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Ok last year i completed a level 5 fetac course "citxx" and was hopeing to go on to the next year of this course which is a level 6 "cnsxx". The requirments for geting into this was to have the citxx cert completed .

My problem is i was geting the btea for the 1st year and was hopeing to get it from septemebr when i start this year. I went to my local SW and was told to apply again and that i should have recieved a letter and form to fill in stating when i will start the year of my course. *never recieved it* I was then given some third level form to fill out saying when i would be staring the next year of my course by the woman in the SW. I told her its not a third level course and that it was a second level plc done over 2 years she still said to fill out the form. :confused: I filled out the form now and gona hand it back tomorrow. Im worried will i qualify for the btea i havent been unemployed for 3 months im very confused about the situation :confused:

Can anyone here put some light on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Joe1919

I think you will probably be OK as page 13 in of the leaflet states
    'If you are going on to the next year of your course
    or moving to a higher qualification, you will get
    your BTEA again from the start of the new
    academic year regardless of whether you got an
    unemployment payment for the summer.'
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW70/Documents/sw70.pdf

AFAIK, the local social welfare people dont actually make the decisions in this case,
    they just collect up the information, make sure the forms are completed etc.

Best of luck.

Advertisement