Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know how much I should be paying?

Options
  • 30-07-2009 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi

I am getting my website redesigned and the quotes I am receiving are not consistent with each other.

The basic design is 12 pages and will contain flash. I do not want a CMS built.

An example of the stlye I am trying to achive can be found here http://www.blickrothenberg.com/Home

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dereko

A decent web design company in ireland would charge around 2k i recon maybe more if the flash is complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

That site is running on a CMS i'd say, but for what you want, then 2k would be minimum to get something of a similar quality. I doubt many web agencies would take on such a job, but if you get a decent web designer freelancer they'll probably be able to hook you up for between 2-4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Anywhere from €1,500 up for a decent company. You should invest in a CMS too though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭ve

I definately agree with other posters. Do not expect to pay any less than 2k for such a project and again it depends on how complex the flash will be. Also I make assumptions about certain finer details that should be required as part of the project.

+1 for the CMS also. You may not want to be able to modify all content, but my advice is to identify in advance sections of your new website that you plan on updating regularly. Work with an agency to achieve this. The project with CMS will push you above 3k and closer to 4k.

This would be for a professional job and not from one of those template/joomla jockeys who promise the world for under 1k. Clients who have had websites for years that are doing wonders for their business know that you have to pay for quality to get quality. They will also have learned the difference between crap and quality (often the hard way). If I had a euro for the number of places on the web advertising crap for pittance then I'd be a wealthy man. It's easy to get in to creating web pages, that is why there are so many people doing it. Unfortunately for them and more so for the people who use them, there is a difference between being able to create web pages and strategically applying web technologies to maximise a return on investment.

My advice to you OP is do not (ever) rush in to a web project. If this is your first, then spend time educating yourself to what is possible. The web is extremely versatile, and yields practically endless possibilities for businesses that care to embrace it properly. If you have a tight budget, focus on quality and not trying to get everything done by half measures.

All the best :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 ontheway

ve wrote: »
    Clients who have had websites for years that are doing wonders for their business know that you have to pay for quality to get quality. They will also have learned the difference between crap and quality (often the hard way). If I had a euro for the number of places on the web advertising crap for pittance then I'd be a wealthy man. It's easy to get in to creating web pages, that is why there are so many people doing it. Unfortunately for them and more so for the people who use them, there is a difference between being able to create web pages and strategically applying web technologies to maximise a return on investment.
    I couldn't agree more. Well said ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement