Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Owner's manual for a 01 Focus?

Options
  • 30-07-2009 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭

Considering that Ford still sell cars in the UK and Ireland, and this is the 21st century, I assume they have owner's manuals available for download somewhere. I haven't been able to find a domestic owner's manual, however.

So I'd appreciate it if somebody could either direct me to a 01 Ghia 4-door owner's manual, or at least tell me what kind of tyres are recommended by Ford for the 15 inch alloys on this car - Speed rating in particular?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd give a Ford garage a ring. Alternatively, they tyre places tend to have comprehensive listings. Or you could try this: http://www.pirellityre.com/web/fitment/homeCarFull.do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Thanks. Pirelli tyre selector says 88H. I'll ring a local dealer, and try to get some information out of them for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

[QUOTE
    So I'd appreciate it if somebody could either direct me to a 01 Ghia 4-door owner's manual, or at least tell me what kind of tyres are recommended by Ford for the 15 inch alloys on this car - Speed rating in particular?

according to Autodata = 195/55 R15 H
    or 195/60 R15 V

Whats on the car at the moment??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

mondeoman wrote: »
    [QUOTE

according to Autodata = 195/55 R15 H
    or 195/60 R15 V

Whats on the car at the moment??

At the moment the tyres are no-name things. A couple of mechanics have commented on their flabby appearance and lack of quality.

The car has a lowered, stiffened suspension by Gaz, with adjustable damping. It was high as a bloody bus and went out of control one time (on somebody else - not me) , but now it's nice and low, but it still seems to lurch off a bit and make an odd noise in cornering. Maybe it's the tyres.

Anyway, the no-names on it are 195/60 R15 H.

I suppose I'll just get more of the same size, but from a name brand? I'm trying to choose from eiretyres.com.

In the all-season line, at this size, they have-
    Pirelli P 2500
    Vredestein Quatrac 3
    Goodyear Vector EV-2
    Federal All Season WS-1
    Kumho Solus KH21
    Maxxis MA-AS
    Hankook OPTIMO 4S H730
    Toyo Vario-V2

Pirelli would be best maybe?

If I should stay away from any of those brands, or if there's a better place to by tyres, please let me know.

Advertisement