Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountnugent Grand Prix

Options
  • 30-07-2009 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Anyone know the time the Mountnugent Grand Prix starts and where on Saturday, distance etc..
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭biker_joe

Sign on is usually in the town, Mountnugent at around 6ish .... This is run by Navan RC and they ran the race in Ballivor, which was suppose to start at 6.30 ... and they made us wait around til 7.30 .... so what time it starts is anyone's guess ....

Biker Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Morty78 wrote: »
    Anyone know the time the Mountnugent Grand Prix starts and where on Saturday, distance etc..
    Thanks

It is usually around six and is basically an 6-8k circuit which you have to do a number of times -cant remember exactly. It is pretty flat with one small and short gradient about half way round. It is usually a fast race weather depending - forecast is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 adoks2008

Its a great race, primes for various groups and good fast racing right through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

adoks2008 wrote: »
    Its a great race, primes for various groups and good fast racing right through.

Anyone got a contact number for the organisers to check if it will still be going ahead? Don't want to arrive to be told it's cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭wav1

Anyone got a contact number for the organisers to check if it will still be going ahead? Don't want to arrive to be told it's cancelled.
    Its on at 7pm with sign on from 5.30 in the local pub.handicap race.10 x laps of 4.8 k circuit and its Noel at 087 2727801

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Forgive my ignorance but what way does points work for a3s and a4s in a race like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭wav1

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance but what way does points work for a3s and a4s in a race like this?
    Simply there are no points for Unplaced A2/A3/A4 in races like this.Indeed as the total distance is less than 50km there will only be points on offer to the first three across the line.ie 3,2,1.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭cipo

Any news !!??

Still going ahead lads??

Just heard from organiser, race is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭ragazzo

cipo wrote: »
    Any news !!??

Still going ahead lads??

Why would it not be going ahead?
    Did something happen?

In all my time involved in cycling, I cannot remember any race that Noel Clarke organised and then failed to turn up to run.
    He organises many races every year and they all take place.
    I am scratching my head trying to remember any cancellations regarding the large number of races that Noel and his club organise. I still can't think of any.

• Advertisement

ragazzo wrote: »
    Why would it not be going ahead?
    Did something happen?

In all my time involved in cycling, I cannot remember any race that Noel Clarke organised and then failed to turn up to run.
    He organises many races every year and they all take place.
    I am scratching my head trying to remember any cancellations regarding the large number of races that Noel and his club organise. I still can't think of any.

Em ...torrential rain in most parts of the country ...

That's all!! Nothing to do with the organiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭ragazzo

cipo wrote: »
    Em ...torrential rain in most parts of the country ...

That's all!! Nothing to do with the organiser.

It is always sunny in Cavan. Road surfaces like snooker tables and guaranteed tailwinds.

Usually a fast race so make sure to hold the wheel!

Advertisement