Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HPI/ AA Car check UK - Would you trust it

Options
  • 30-07-2009 11:23am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys
    I process of looking at cars in the UK. I know there was a report lately about HPI checks but I did 3 AA car checks there in the last 2 weeks, 1 car was sound but 2 of the cars returned 50% higher mileage which was advertised.
    It stated DVLA mileage XXXX and the date

How accurate are these? Would you trust it if it says DVLA mileage?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I think the DVLA figure is what was recorded at the MOT test so if its advertised as being lower I wouldnt trust the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

If the advertised mileage is lower than the last recorded MOT I'd run a mile. If anything it should be higher due to the period of time elapsed since the MOT was carried out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Aye, suspected that. Just wanted to see did people trust the DVLA mileage on it.

Advertisement