Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAD Folder

Options
  • 30-07-2009 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has encountered a folder called the NADFOLDER before?

Basically I got an alert in my anti-virus management console that a usb key was infected with a virus:
    Malicious code found in file F:\NADFOLDER\autorun.exe.
    Infection: P2P-Worm.Win32.Palevo.ddm
    Action: The file was renamed.

I removed the key from the machine and brought it to a non networked machine I use for virus removal. When I insert the key there is no "NADFOLDER", but if I type "F:\NADFOLDER\" into the address bar it brings me up the recycle bin on the C: drive of the machine.

I've scanned the key again with a couple of tools and they have detected nothing so it's not a major issue, but just out of curiousity I'm wondering what was going on or if anybody had encountered a similar issue before.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Verres

I've never seen that before. Make sure that F:\ is the USB drive on both PCs. Apart from that, I'd probably just reformat the USB key and be done with it.

Advertisement