Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car died - looking for advice

Options
  • 30-07-2009 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I've had the worst luck with cars recently and the car I am now driving died on me last night! Its an 05 Fiat Stilo, never had any problems with it except me crashing it a couple of months ago.

Anyway it was repaired fine. Small issue with the central locking but was due to get the seen to anyway.

Recently the radio has been going off when I use the indicators or the lights (all on the same stick). Its for a second or 2 and then swithces back on. Last night, I turned on the lights as I drove into our car park and the radio went off, all the warning lights came on and warning about the ABS not working. These are checks the car does when it starts so I assume the engine temporarily stopped and started. Anyway, drove it into the space, turned it off. Started it again, no issue.

Came down 30 minuets later to use the car, central locking worked fine, got in, tried to start the engine and nothing! Not a gig out of it at all. It was as if the battery had completely died, no electrics are working at all.

So, bringing it back to garage to get them to have a look but wondering if this could be due to the accident? The air bag in the steering wheel and the entire dash had to be replaced so could something in the stalk have been damaged? Also, if it is a lose connection, is that enough to completely disable the car?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

How bad was the crash - Frontal? It seems the obvious reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Yep, all frontal damage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Its defiantly electrical anyway.

check the fuse box see if the main fuse has blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Will do - its not my car so didn't even think to check but will have a look this evening

Advertisement