Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrath of A Mad God

Options
  • 30-07-2009 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

... by Raymond E. Feist.

Quite possibly the most errors I've ever read in a book (especially a paperback.)
    Whoever was subbing it should be shot.

Decent enough read, but a bit anti-climatic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

There were a few alright - and there are a few in his latest as well, Rides a Dread Legion, though not as many.

Still, the number of errors pales in comparison to the number to be found in any of the Dune novels written by Herbert's bastard of a son - now that's some god awful editing. The publishers pretty much decided they'd sell enough books on the name alone and doesn't look like an editor even read through the manuscripts.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Branoic wrote: »
    The publishers pretty much decided they'd sell enough books on the name alone and doesn't look like an editor even read through the manuscripts.
    Well they probably figured that if they let an editor near it, he'd have had to cut out all the words on all the pages for being utter crap.
    I do recall there being quite a few typos, etc. on those books I managed to stomach.

Advertisement