Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karmichael Hunt!!!!!

Options
  • 30-07-2009 12:37am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

WTF??

this is unprecedented actualy I'd go so far as to say GUBU
    http://blogs.smh.com.au/sinbin/archives/2009/07/karmichael_hunt_switches_to_af.html

some reports state that he did play AFL when he was younger and that the Lions only narrowly missed out on recruitin him before the Broncos slung him shedloads of cash.

so what do people think??

is this going to open a floodgate or just be a one off?

Do ye think he'll be any good?

besides
    1)there are blokes on the pitch ( which is a different shape)
    2)theres a Ball ( which is also a different shape)

are there any similarities between league and AFL??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

I suppose there is one common factor in these defections. That is that they are all fine athletes who love competitive sport. All the other stuff is learnt on the training pitch. There are so many crossovers now to believe otherwise.
    Such as Steynes, Kinneally GAA football to AFL. Sherlock soccer to GAA. Moran GAA to soccer. Sexton GAA to Union. Many players play both hurling and football. O Hailpins I think played both for Cork.
    League has suffered a number of high profile defections in recent years. With the advent of super 12 , 14 and aussie RWC successes, Union was an obvious destination. Now I understand money is tight in the ARU. I'm not surprised to see a player headed for AFL. That and the fact that AFL is the greatest sport known to man:)

Advertisement