Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I feel soiled

Options
  • 30-07-2009 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

86455.png

Trying to get my work ssl connection working under Linux - most of the way there - just need Juniper to install properly. But still - I feel dirty having that on my desktop :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Heretic.

:D

Actually, how well does it run?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Lol :D

Sad that you still have to use that garbage software for stuff at times. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It runs ok I suppose - probably better than it runs on Windows tbh :D. I could connect to a https site and run activex controls to connect to VPN via SSL. That's all I tried. Next step is to get Juniper's terminal client to work.

I can't see myself using it for regular browsing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Will you post up how you get on? I connect in work to a Juniper VPN on my windows work laptop. I'd love to switch, its one of a few things holding me back.

/Steve

I certainly will. I did find some online articles about it last night but it was too late to start messing with it. The Juniper ActiveX control works fine.
    Another option is to install Windows in a VirtualBox VM - that's what I'm using currently. Means you don't need a separate Windows PC or partition.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'm a bit lost....Is it running through wine? Or your virtualbox?

It's running through wine but in it's own instance so that it doesn't interfere with other wine installations. You can have 3 different versions of IE installed side by side.

IEs4Linux

- if you're using Intrepid you have to install with the --no-gui switch - the graphical install won't work for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

I don't use Juniper (Cisco shop), but would this not work:

http://david.dw-perspective.org.uk/Juniper-Networks-SSL-VPN-Client-On-Linux.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Odd, I've been using a Juniper SSL VPN in Ubuntu for quite a while now without any issues. 'Windows SAM' naturally doesn't work (and I haven't bothered trying to get it working under wine), but Network Connect works grand.

I seem to remember having to create a root password to get it to work though. Sudo su and use passwd to set one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Macros42 wrote: »
    It's running through wine but in it's own instance so that it doesn't interfere with other wine installations. You can have 3 different versions of IE installed side by side.

IEs4Linux

- if you're using Intrepid you have to install with the --no-gui switch - the graphical install won't work for some reason.
    Did you attempt or manage to install IE7? (I know it's beta with IEs4Linux)

I have IE6 installed for a while but have had frequent crashes with it, you had any problems like that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement