Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crash Between Rathkeale and Askeaton 29th July 2009

Options
  • 29-07-2009 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

A couple have died tragically on the main Askeaton Rathkeale road tonight. Their car was involved in a head on collision with a van.

Has anyone an idea of the names of the dead?

RIP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

God help them and their families, R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

just heard it on the rte news....haven't heard anything all evening

may they rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

The couple are believed to be from Ballingarry in Co. Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭130Kph

The husband and wife who died have been named as 61-year-old Maurice Hartnett and his 59-year-old wife Margaret.
    They were from Gurteen West, Ballingarry, Co Limerick - RTE.

I believe they have 6 children - very sad.

yes 6 children , funeral arrangments not yet decided...waiting for sons and daughter to get home..

so terribly sad

• Advertisement

all you have said seems right to me cod of war ...we know them well too...maurice worked for my dad and one of teh sons works full time with us and the other on and off

a lovely honest family and its so hard to understand that these 2 innocent people are now gone

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Guys, please stop naming the other party involved (and whether or not they were fit to drive).
    Until it goes through the courts, you could get this site in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Mr E wrote: »
    Guys, please stop naming the other party involved (and whether or not they were fit to drive).
    Until it goes through the courts, you could get this site in trouble.

This is true, and worse still, the case could get thrown out of court, as a solicitor could say that the jury or Judge was influenced.

So no naming, or mention of ANY parties backround

Advertisement