Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22 Inch HDMI 2ms 115 Euro delivered

Options
  • 29-07-2009 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

This is from an Irish site based in Cork:eek:

It sounded too good to be true but bought one and have had it a week now.

VGA worked perfect but when using HDMI the speakers made a slight crackle sound. My way around it was to open it up and remove the speakers (The speakers were fairly poor anyway). But hey for 115 delivered who is going to argue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Nice find OP. You aint gonna do better with a monitor for that price, in terms of size and hdmi connection

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

cant use as a telly i suppose?

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    cant use as a telly i suppose?

I guess you could if you just wanted to connect it to a set top box that uses a hdmi connection, a HD satellite box basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Should beable to do 720p anywho, cheap as chips.

Inputs: HDMI/VGA

Mfg page: http://www.novita.ag/active/mode=article/art_nr=N10080

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

anyone know if the price is inc VAT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

yup!

and did you see their price for Vista home basic!!!

65euro :O

This does look well dodgy though... :(

thunder have you checked your cc balance recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Who are Fantastech and why are they the default shipping address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

The website alone makes me very worried - OScommerce install with default skin. It looks very amateurish. They are offering web design and their skills are on display here:
    http://edhhd.com/contact.html
    where you can also find their contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I just checked the Company registrations office and the business has been registered since 2004 and has been making annual returns etc. since then.
    linky
    The registered address is different to the address on the website but that is not unusual, possibly the guy's home address.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

This website (http://edhhd.com) isn't very secure is it? Using the OP's link above seems to log in as the OP and shows all his a/c info. Maybe he should remove the link. I won't be ordering anything from them if this is the way they manage security:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

bmm wrote: »
    This website (http://edhhd.com) isn't very secure is it? Using the OP's link above seems to log in as the OP and shows all his a/c info. Maybe he should remove the link. I won't be ordering anything from them if this is the way they manage security:rolleyes:

I was wondering why that name and address pop'd up :rolleyes: You could always go the 3v route and be kind of safe? If the OP actually got the monitor, I might actually go for this...

EDIT: OP I would definatly change that link ASAP, all your info can be accessed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pauly3

I agree, OP should remove the link he supplied as the site is not secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

link removed. wow - that is an incredibly dangerous website. My advice would be to never ever shop there.

Just with two clicks it was possible to see your full name, email, phone number, address (plus the address that some joker on here had added!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭T-Bird

:o Thanks for removing link. It was quite late when I made post and just copied from the link I was in without looking and obviously thinking (Silly Billy)... I have had the monitor for a couple of weeks now without any problems and as it was my first post in barging alerts I wanted to be sure it was ok to post. I did most things right and more :(

The site offers payment by paypal. I would never purchase from a site that does not do this. Just as well.

Lesson learned. Now you know how I got my name. Heart of Thunder thinks like a Muppet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Onikage wrote: »
    Who are Fantastech and why are they the default shipping address?

Cause that's the name of my business!!! :O

So is this website really a major no no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

They seem pretty legit IMO. Just dumb. It might be worth actually going to them and giving them the money instead of your card details...

From the contact page...

EDHHD Trading Limited
    Bandon Business Centre
    Lauragh Industrial Estate
    Bandon, Co. Cork
    Ireland

Tel: + 353 87 9908798

email: sales@edhhd.com

MSN:stuart-edhhd@live.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Seems to be fixed now, but letting anyone see your customers details is a serious blunder :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 fuzionzone

Hi,

I know there were & maybe still are issues with secure online ordering on this web site ? The details another boards.ie member entered was displaying for everyone as far as I can remember.

Has anyone ordered one of these monitors ?
    The price is certainly a steal.
    I'm cautious ordering from what other boards.ie members have said.

The NOVITA 22" LCD MONITOR is €115 inc vat & delivery.

I have just noticed that its possible to pay by pay pal.

Any recommendations ?

FZ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I made mistake on posting link from my shortcut in firefox, problem was that the link was directly (stupidly) to my account. Luckily for me the site does not store payment details....

But saying that and errors aside I think it is a great deal and have not seen one better with these specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

iBOOD have a pretty good deal for a monitor at the moment. It's only a daily offer, so get in quick.

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_specs/13218/Acer_23_inch_Full_HD_Widescreen_Monitor_with_DVI_HDCP_and_CrystalBrite/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

From Ibood:
    Acer 23 inch Full HD Widescreen Monitor with DVI (HDCP) and CrystalBrite « Back

* Brand: Acer
    * Type: Acer P235HBbd
    * Display Type: Flat Screen / TFT
    * Size: 23 inches
    * Format: 16:9 Full-HD
    * Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels @ 60Hz
    * Colours (m): 16.7
    * Contrast: 80000:1
    * Response time (ms): 5
    * Clear CrystalBrite+TN screen
    * Input signal: VGA & DVI (HDCP)
    * Display B x H: 509.7 x 286.7 mm
    * Pixel Pitch: 0.265 mm
    * PPI: 96
    * Brightness: 300 cd/m2
    * Kensington Lock Support
    * Acer eColour Management
    * Acer eDisplay Management
    * Ultra flat ergonomic design
    * Colour: Glossy Black
    * Integrated protection against irritated eyes
    * Dimensions monitor B x H x D: 547.6 x 406.4 x 200 mm
    * Pixel guarantee: Acer standard pixel class II
    * Weight: 5.1 kgs
    * Delivery: 7 - 10 working days
    * Warranty: 2 years

Gonna actually give this a go... see how it works out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I'd pay the extra few bob and get this: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=478998

The 22" monitor on the site http://www.edhhd.com/ has now increased from €115 to €129 inc vat & shipping.

I got it just in time then (when it was €115) :D:p I'm using it right now dual screening, it's pretty sweet, works perfectly and delivered pretty fast!

Hi,

I'm thinking about purchasing this monitor.

I have checked out the following spec/data sheet.

http://www.novita.ag/datafiles/produkte/dbls/dbl_N10080_P118_2_novita_2202whd.pdf

Would the monitor work with a DVD player with a hdmi output ?

Many thanks - FZ

I'd pay the extra few bob and get this: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=478998

+1

I was in PCWorld a couple of weeks ago too and even they had monitors ~22" for under €150:eek:. Reputable brands too, like LG.

Zonda999 wrote: »
    +1

I was in PCWorld a couple of weeks ago too and even they had monitors ~22" for under €150:eek:. Reputable brands too, like LG.

There's nothing wrong with these tbh... A 22" HDMI wielding 2ms response time monitor deliver to my door for €115 was a brilliant bargain :) And the amount of time and effort it would take me to get home on a bus with a monitor wouldn't be fun :rolleyes:

Although, since the price has raised, I would probably go with komplette too ;)

There's nothing wrong with these tbh... A 22" HDMI wielding 2ms response time monitor deliver to my door for €115 was a brilliant bargain :) And the amount of time and effort it would take me to get home on a bus with a monitor wouldn't be fun :rolleyes:

Although, since the price has raised, I would probably go with komplette too ;)

That HDMI slot, though would be the killer though for many people.Any of the better branded monitors for around the same price do not have HDMI. A HDMI slot really is the job, to be honest. Makes a monitor so much easier to hook up to a PS3, 360 or even a satellite STB. For many people, that is a bigger advantage than overall quality, compared to a branded monitor

• Advertisement

Zonda999 wrote: »
    That HDMI slot, though would be the killer though for many people.Any of the better branded monitors for around the same price do not have HDMI. A HDMI slot really is the job, to be honest. Makes a monitor so much easier to hook up to a PS3, 360 or even a satellite STB. For many people, that is a bigger advantage than overall quality, compared to a branded monitor

that's why I got it :P This way it was so easy to dual screen my monitors because of it too :D HDMI, VGA and DVI slots on my graphics card so this seemed to be the best way, working out great so far ;) Just have to get used to the dual screen now though :o

Advertisement